Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

other half`s side

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 12 Jun 2008 21:22

trying to trace my partners side of the family:

his father - John Neath born 1933
his father - henry john or john henry neath born 1904/6 (record not clear)
mother Ivy Carolina neath nee bint born 1909

can`t see where or when they got married or if Ivy had siblings. possibly travelling family with poor memories of family members
can anyone help

thanks
lesley

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 12 Jun 2008 21:23

any idea where from

Lesley

Lesley Report 12 Jun 2008 21:24

sorry!

Ivy was born in Cricklade, Wiltshire
John Henry born in Long ashton

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 12 Jun 2008 21:30

Births Mar 1904 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neath Henry John Long Ashton 5c 567

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 12 Jun 2008 21:31

If this is the correct Henry John you could send for his birth cert this will give parents names

Lesley

Lesley Report 12 Jun 2008 21:33

No sorry I have the info about Henry john from his death cert - he died in 1979 the first record you found is his. Am guessing I`ll need to apply for it to get one step further back.

Ivy is a different kettle of fish have her birth 06.02.1909 and certificate details was trying to link the two by marriage but am failing

lesley

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 12 Jun 2008 21:37

If you want to find Henry Johns parents I think you may need to order the birth cert. Who is the informant on the Death Cert for Heny

Are you saying that Ivy married Henry (you have her above as Ivy Neath - is this a fact or do you think they may have been married

Lesley

Lesley Report 12 Jun 2008 21:41

My partner knew her as neath we have her birth name as bint there has never been any suggestion they werent married but as you say they may not have been i guess its down to applying for brith certs to get more information
thanks all
lesley

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 12 Jun 2008 21:41

There is this marraige in 1900 this COULD be Henry Johns father (born 1904) but not married to an Ivy

Marriages Dec 1900 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foxall Florry Elizabeth Aston 6d 679
NEATH Henry John Aston 6d 679
Smith Robert William Aston 6d 679
Tredwell Annie Maria Aston 6d 679

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 12 Jun 2008 21:45

Name: Ivy Carolina Bint
Year of Registration: 1909
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Cricklade
County: Wiltshire
Volume: 5a
Page: 49 (click to see others

PaulaW

PaulaW Report 12 Jun 2008 21:45

This marriage for Ivy Bint 1917

Marriages Sep 1917 (29%)

Bint Ivy Fraser Croydon 2a 591

Emma Louise

Emma Louise Report 14 Dec 2014 12:16

Hello,

I know this is a really old thread. Ivy Carolina (formerly Bint) and Henry John Neath are my Great Grandparents. How is your partner related to them Lesley?

Kind regards

Emma

Emma Louise

Emma Louise Report 14 Dec 2014 12:18

John Neath born 1933 their son is my Grandfather.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Dec 2014 14:32

Emma it's very likely that Lesley is no longer a member

You could try to make make contact by clicking on her name and sending a message

You could also try search members trees which is indef the Search heading above the boards

Christine

Christine Report 14 Dec 2014 14:54

Hi Emma

According to Lesley's first post John Neath b1933 is her partner's father.