Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Carole Waterhouse

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 19 Jan 2005 21:01

I am trying to find any of my distant relative from the Broadbent family from Hunslet, Leeds. My great grandparents were Herbert and Louisa(nee Smith) Broadbent. He was born in 1879 and she in 1881. He founded H.Broadbent and Sons Plumbers on Dewsbury Road, Hunslet. His parents were Frank (b. 1847) and Sally (nee Nuttall)(b. 1847) they both came from East Bierley, Bradford originally and he was a miner. If anybody recognizes any of these names it would be great to have any info to fill in my substantial gaps. Thanks Carole Waterhouse

Jackie

Jackie Report 4 Nov 2010 20:25

Carole, my name is Jackie Baker formerly Broadbent, my father kenneth albert broadbent, son of arthur thomas broadbent who resided in leeds in the morley area, I have he written because my father was a builder and did a lot of work in the Roundhay area of Leeds and I do recall him mentioning that he had relations who were plumbers in the Leeds area. I have one a lot of work on this site but have hire a professional as it gets far too complicated. If you would like to contact me please feel free to do so.
Regards
Jackie

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 5 Nov 2010 14:33

Hello Jackie, you can also try putting your family's names into the search tree box above to see if anyone else on this site has them in their tree. If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner.

If you would like help with your research, then take a look at the first post on the Community Trying to Find board for more advice. Cx.

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 23 Oct 2016 15:56

my stepfather was Ivan Waterhouse, born 1906 near Glossop, Derbyshire. Is there any connection?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Oct 2016 15:59

Carolyn

Carole only posted once so its unlikely she is still a member

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Oct 2016 17:56

Welcome to the boards, Carolyn.

As Shirley says, Carole's probably not a member any more - and her one post was almost 12 years ago.

However, you can try sending her a private message - just click on her name at the top of her post.
If she's still a member, and if she still uses the email address she registered with GR, she'll be notified that she has a message from you.

No guarantee that she would answer, of course.

Or you can go to "Search" at the top of this page, and then "Search all members' trees", and enter your stepfather's details. You will see that at least two people apart from yourself have him in their trees. Unless you already know those people, click "Find out more" to send them a message.