Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Campbell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 16 Dec 2006 14:21

john easkdale campbell (16/12/06) i am trying to find out if anyone knows if my great grandfather whose name was john eskdale campbell born between 1870-1900 had any children and remarried after emigrating to america around about 1925-1935 . he was married to isabella provan campbell m.s. smith. on the 19th of april 1915 in anderston glasgow he was a marine fireman . he had a son named john eskdale campbell who married mary wylie neil m.s. little on the 26th of june 1945 in anderston glasgow . the address that they stayed in anderston was 27 hydepark street glasgow and my great grandfather and my great grandmothers address was 808 argyle street glasgow before my grandfather left for america by his self i think . so i would be very grateful if anyone knows anything about my great grandfather and could contact me

Bonnie

Bonnie Report 13 Mar 2017 04:08

My name is Bonnie Campbell and my paternal grandfather was John Eskdale Campbell 1891-1946. From passports and Country Certificates of Discharge he was a merchant fireman from 1914-1927. My father John Reichelt Campbell 1933 -2017 recently died at 83 years old. My paternal Aunt is Ann Grace Campbell and is 81 years old and lives in Florida as I do too. I have sporadically worked on my family genealogy over the years and I could never locate a marriage certificate for my grandparents. I assumed they had a common law marriage. A Scottish cousin Alistair Campbell from Glasgow and his mother May McLellan mentioned that my grandfather had left a wife and child in Scotland. My father had questioned his older relatives in Scotland years ago, however none would disclose any information about the missing family members. I would be happy to answer any question if you would like to contact me.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Mar 2017 07:43

Bonnie

The posting is over 11 years old so it's highly unlikely the poster will be looking for any replies now . They may no longer be a member as they only posted once

You could try to make contact by clicking on their name and sending a message . If they still have the same email address they will receive it and can then respond

:-)