Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Elaine Flowers nee Curtis born Sout

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 22 Sep 2010 01:07

Trying to find my sister Elaine Flowers nee Curtis .Born in South Wales England approx 1934?
She married a Ray Flowers and had two children..Geoff and Linda.They immigrated to Australia back in the 60's under assisted passage.
I am 10yrs younger than her! Our mother died when I was a teenager and Elaine was already in Australia then.I was then adopted and brought up by our aunty and uncle .I found out that my aunty had stopped any contact between my sister and me as she was afraid my sister would want me with her.I don't know where she lives or even if she is still alive? If you know of her or have any info please let me know? I am Mike Curtis.Or does anyone know how to trace her in Oz?

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 01:17

The white pages are always a good place to start (for anyone who isn't John Smith). ;)

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/initResSearch.do

There's a listing for a Geoff Flowers. Since I have it open, I'll send it to you privately.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 01:32

Oops.

The surname is Flower, not Flowers.

Husband is Raymond WG Flower. Married 1948, children born shortly after.

So the listing I sent you won't be correct ... Will check further.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 01:36

edit - had guessed wrong at a death in Australia for Raymond, deleted

http://www.ryersonindex.org

jax

jax Report 22 Sep 2010 01:40

If she married in 1948 she could'nt have been born in 1934

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 01:40

Valerie, if you use the Edit link in your post to change your subject line to

Trying to find Elaine Flowers -- Australia

it will be sure to catch the eye of our Aussie cousins who may do a better job than this Canuck. ;)

They know where to find things like electoral rolls and such. Knowing where in Australia (what state) they went to is important, because vital records are held on a state basis there (but are largely inaccessible for the period in question because of privacy law).

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 01:43

An Elaine Curtis was born in 1934 in Newport Monmouthshire, but I don't think it's her because there's a middle initial, which ours didn't have.

She might be the Elaine born 1925 in Merthyr Tydfill or however it's spelled. ;)

jax

jax Report 22 Sep 2010 01:46

.FLOWER Elaine 1926 F 1953 Southampton Australia Sydney .

FLOWER Raymond 1926 M 1953 Southampton Australia Sydney .

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 01:50

And the children travelled with them. (Because travel records at FMP go only up to 1960, I hadn't checked since Mike said in the 60s.)

edit -- I'm going to wait for Mike to return before posting info, so have deleted the info I'd posted in this thread (links to sites with possible contact info for the two children in Australia).

Mike's facts and figures are just so oddly off, I think we'd like some confirmation of this relationship.

The easy thing would be: Mike, can you tell us your mum's name, and did you and Elaine have the same two parents?

This would help confirm Elaine's age, for example.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 01:54

Valerie posted and left; she hasn't read my PM.

I've sent another one with the standard info about how to return to the thread and reply.

edit - aargh -- I completely forgot the part where it's Mike posting, and not whoever Valerie is. Sorry about the PMs, Mike. ;)

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 01:57

edited -- info removed and saved for later

jax

jax Report 22 Sep 2010 01:59

Oh yes JC removed the bumph lol

I did'nt look up the children I do not have full access anyway but it looks like the correct couple

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 02:01

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 02:20

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 22 Sep 2010 15:10

No confirmation needed there, eh zoe? As usual.

Mike hasn't read my PMs yet, so I'll be waiting for his return.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 24 Sep 2010 18:46

PM from Mike

It is in fact FLOWER not Flowers...Sorry!!

But nothing about the info here, or what I'd sent ...

This was one thing I'd found last night, Ray's unfortunately early death:

28591/1977
FLOWER RAYMOND WILLIAM GEORGE
father WILLIAM
mother MABLE
[no district given] NSW Australia

Will be happy to provide the possible contact info for the two children when Mike comes back.

jax

jax Report 24 Sep 2010 18:50

I think we had worked that out for ourselves JC

Edit - so has Mike returned to this thread at all of just read the pm's?

jax

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 24 Sep 2010 19:15

Dunno. I've inquired.

Valerie

Valerie Report 27 Sep 2010 01:21

Personally thanking everyone with the help on this! However it has taken a bit of a nasty turn with regards to the relationship!!
Life holds too many secrets sometimes which leaves people very hurt.Will not continue this search at present as it will cause too much upset to those concerned.

I am speaking for my friend Mike whom I am helping.
Thankyou all for all your efforts as it was very kind of you to do this.
If you have any information...could you please message me as I would rather no more info put on on this thread.Messaged you personally Janey...so I know you will understand
Val

Lynda Valerie

Lynda Valerie Report 14 Mar 2015 12:36

:-)