Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Dakers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Neil

Neil Report 27 Jan 2006 13:06

Eliza Jane Dakers of Scotland who married James Henderson and had a child Helen Dakers Henderson of Scotland who married George Stewart and had John Stewart , Elizabeth Stewart ( Paton) , Helen Stewart (Chrystal) We are looking for any information on the above tree this is from the 1800's to now Please help if you can.

Hampton-Paton

Hampton-Paton Report 11 Sep 2014 20:32

Hi Neil
I have just gotten hold of my mums birth cert(Elizabeth Paton) she is still alive and well and living in Ayrshire.My mums sister Ellen(as we called her) havent had a relationship for over 30 years now.I am the son of Elizabeth and i have three other siblings.I hope you still receive these emails as it would be great to talk!

Regards Hugh Hampton-Paton
Ps I now live in sunny Sussex!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Sep 2014 20:53

Hugh

Neil is probably no longer on site ................. his profile is showing 0 posts, when it should be showing at least 1 (this post).

GR does not notify posters of new posts on threads.

I suggest that you send him a pm (personal message) through the GR site ................. they do send emails to notify people that there is a message waiting in the pm system

As long as Neil still has the same email address that he had when he joined GR, then he will receive the message.

Just click on his name, and type your message in the box that appears.

Good luck!

Hampton-Paton

Hampton-Paton Report 12 Sep 2014 11:52

Thank you so much for the advice! i have now emailed and hope i get a reply!
Family history is so interesting isnt it?
Thanks again

Hugh

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 Sep 2014 19:55

you're very welcome

keep an eye on your Sent messages .......... in Messages near the top of the screen

If there is a green envelope to the left of his name, the message has not been opened

If there is no envelope, the message has been opened.

good luck

sylvia