Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Deighton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 27 Jun 2007 14:57

Rebecca DEIGHTON Born approx 1889 married Alfred Cooper, had at least one son Charles born 1909 lived Inver Road Upper Clapton Hackney London. I am stuck here on my Family tree need to know more.

Steven

Steven Report 28 May 2008 09:59

I have a Alfred Cooper married for i think a second time to a Bertha /Shenfield/maiden name Stevens in 1946 in Romford Essex

colin

colin Report 7 Apr 2017 20:32

My grandfather was Alfred Cooper born 1867 in Bloomsbury married to Rebecca Matilda Deighton born 1871 in Belvedere They had 3 children Ivy May my mother born 1906 in Hackney, Charles Edward born 1909 in Hackney and Sidney Arthur born 1911 in Hackney. Sidney Arthur later died
I believe this was Alfred's second marriage but I can find no record of the marriage to Rebecca which according to the 1911 Census occurred in 1905
Do you have any further information as I believe we are looking at the same family
You can e-mail me at [email protected]
Colin

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 7 Apr 2017 21:09

Colin, you should remove your email address as it's against the terms and conditions of this site for your own benefit.

Alfred was born 1857 according to the 1911 census.

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
50 Winslade Road Upper Clapton, St John At Hackney, London, England

Alfred Cooper Head Married Male Warehouseman 54 1857 London Bloomsbury
Rebecca Cooper Wife Married Female - 40 1871 Kent Belvedere
Ivy May Cooper Daughter - Female - 4 1907 London Hackney
Charles Edward Cooper Son - Male - 1 1910 London Hackney
Sidney Arthur Cooper Son - Male - 0 1911 London Hackney

According to the GRO index Ivy May's mmn is Smith and Charles Edward's mmn is Deighton

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Apr 2017 21:09

Colin

You have picked up an old thread and it's unlikely both posters are still members

If you want to try and make contact then click on the names and send each of them a message . If they stil have the same email addresses they will receive the message and can reply

In the meantime you should remove your email address as it's against T&C,s of the site to post personal info

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 7 Oct 2017 02:45

Thanks to Colin I found the info I needed and was able to continue with my tree.
I also found we were related.
It's never too late to reply to an unresolved thread/post. :-)