Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry W Dixon 1893 Thurnham Cockerham Lancashire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 10 Oct 2007 19:39

Hi, Does anybody know of anything about Henry Dixon born 1893 Cockerham, Thurnham Parish lancashire, he married Jane Worthington born 1896 at lancaster in 1916, i would love to find out about their children and basicly what happened to them as this is all i have on them....i think Henry's father was called William born 1863 and perhaps a brother also called william Standen born 1891 on a farm in the Thurnham Parish area....His Grandmother was called Jane Standen and mother perhaps Margaret born 1870

Linda

Linda Report 10 Oct 2007 19:48

1901 England Census
about Henry W Dixon
Name: Henry W Dixon
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893
Relation: Grandson
Mother's Name: Margaret
Where born: Thurnham, Lancashire, England

Civil Parish: Cockerham
Ecclesiastical parish: Cockerham St Michael
County/Island: Lancashire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status: View Image

Registration district: Lancaster
Sub-registration district: Ellel
ED, institution, or vessel: 8
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 7
Household Members: Name Age
Henry W Dixon 8
Jane Standen 67
Margaret Standen 31
William Standen 9

Pam

Pam Report 10 Oct 2007 20:31

(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Mar 1893 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dixon Henry Walter Lancaster 8e 746

Angela

Angela Report 11 Oct 2007 16:35

Hi Lindy Lou, many thanks for all this information on Henry, puzzled now why Henry's dad is not living with them, or did margaret not marry him...something else to work on, thankss again
angela

Angela

Angela Report 11 Oct 2007 16:37

Hi Pam, many thanks for Henry's birth details, i now have what the W stands for - Walter, thankyou
angela

Linda

Linda Report 11 Oct 2007 16:48

If you'd like the 1901 image, pm me and let me know. I think it says 'monthly nurse. Sick' where Margaret's occupation would be written. It has Margaret as Jane's daughter, but doesn't actually give any clue on the image that the children are Margaret's, they are listed as Jane's grandchildren.

Linda

Linda Report 11 Oct 2007 16:52

The only marriage between a Standen and a Dixon I could find was this one:

Marriages Sep 1887 (>99%)

DIXON John Lancaster 8e 1011
Lytham Jane Lancaster 8e 1011
Smith John Lancaster 8e 1011
STANDEN Anne Lancaster 8e 1011

Linda

Linda Report 11 Oct 2007 16:59

Jane in 1871 with John and Ann:

Name: Jane Standen
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1834
Relation: Mother-in-law
Where born: Cockerham, Lancashire, England

Civil Parish: Thurmham
Ecclesiastical parish: Glasson Christchurch
Town: Thurnham
County/Island: Lancashire

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status: View Image

Registration district: Lancaster
Sub-registration district: Ellel
ED, institution, or vessel: 4
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Anne Dixson 25
Ellen Jane Dixson 3
John Dixson 26
William Dixson 8/12
Jane Standen 57
Joseph Standen 17

Angela

Angela Report 11 Oct 2007 17:53

hi Lindy lou, this is great!! wonder now if margaret was Henry's mother or were Ann and John plot thickens!!
many thanks again

Angela

Angela Report 21 Jan 2008 21:11

I think Jane Worthington and Henry W Dixon married 1916 Lancaster possibly had a daughter called Bessie Dixon born 1920 registered Lancaster...but not certain yet.......searching for any children of this couple.......they could have lived on a farm in the cockerham thurnham area near lancaster

Pam

Pam Report 22 Jan 2008 10:09

Births Jun 1920 (99%)

Dixon Bessie Worthington Lancaster 8e 1326

Angela

Angela Report 22 Jan 2008 16:50

Many Thanks Pam, that is great!

Michelle

Michelle Report 16 Sep 2016 01:00

Hi everyone, Jane Worthington did marry Henry W Dixon in 1916 and had a daughter called Bessie Dixon born 1920. I am Bessie's grand daughter and would love to connect and share the Australian side of the family story.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Sep 2016 08:29

Michelle
The last posting before yours was 8 years ago so it's highly unlikely anyone will pick up your reply

Angela seems to be the original enquirer so you could try to make contact by clicking on her name and sending a message