Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Evans

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 1 Jul 2007 15:44

I have a john evans..born in 1820 not sure if his wifes name is sarah or mary born in 1821..i have a marriage certificate of his son james evans born in1859.. who is my great great grandfather....married margaret davies in 1881.at the nantgwilt chapel cwmdauddwr radnorshire wales...i am not sure if he was born in pentre ..ystrad.... glamorganshire.. ...it says he was residence there at the time of his marriage...it also has a sarah anne evans as a witness...which i found to be his sister born 1859 thomas a brother born 1854 and william born 1850 but i think there was other brothers ......james evans and margaret ..then had a farm in rhayadar think it was called llanfadog radnorshire wales...they had only been married about 7years when james had some kind of farm accident. and died........i am trying to find a connection with any evans,s ... if so could you get in touch...because i have come to a complete standstill......

Dominic

Dominic Report 23 May 2016 09:50

Hello

My greatest grandfather John Evans ( DOB 1821 +/-) with the 84th foot (yorks/ Lancs Regt). arrived in India from UK in 1845 later moved on to be the Superintendent of Records DPW at Arcot. His wife was Maria Mitchell(married in India).. His children are Susan, Mark, Richard Sarah, John William, Thomas. John's father was Thomas Evans(School teacher). I dont know anything about his birthplace / siblings.

Any relation?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 23 May 2016 10:23

Hi Dominic

Patricia posted this thread back in 2007

Patricia is no longer a member........her account has been deleted.

Dominic

Dominic Report 23 May 2016 11:25

Thank you. :-)