Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gray of South Shields

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 19 Feb 2010 21:52

Hi All
I have a second cousin Catherine Gray of South Shields. She had a brother Ian and her parents were Joseph and Cicelia. Ian sadly dies young but i would love to find anything about catherine
Thanks
Janet

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 19 Feb 2010 21:53

need some relevant dates here Janet

Janet

Janet Report 19 Feb 2010 22:00

Hello Ann I am really sorry but I dont have much. Their gran was my great Aunt and she lived in Stanhope Road, South Shields. I would put catherine at being born around 1946 and Ian 1939. Sorry but I honestly dont have anything else. I thought a long shot may pay off. Thanks for all you have done for me latterly
Janet x

Catherine

Catherine Report 19 Feb 2010 22:11

Have pm'd possible births for Catherine (1947) and Ian (1937).

the marriage:-
Name: Joseph Gray
Spouse Surname: Henry
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1933
Registration district: South Shields
Registration county (inferred): Durham
Volume Number: 10a
Page Number: 1771
Spouse:- Mary C Henry (C. could be Cicelia)

Births Jun 1907 (>99%)
HENRY Mary Celia Gateshead 10a 1122

death of Ian:-
Name: Ian J Gray
Death Registration Month/Year: 1967
Age at death (estimated): 30
Registration district: South Shields
Inferred County: Durham
Volume: 1a
Page: 778

Catherine

Catherine Report 19 Feb 2010 22:25

There are several possible marriages for Catherine, but only one in South Shields, so I will pm you details. The only way to know if it is hers though is to buy the cert. Her father's name will be on the cert. which will confirm if it is her or not.

Catherine

Catherine Report 19 Feb 2010 22:38

She looks to be on the 2002-04 electoral roll but I don't have an account on 192.com so can't find her address for you. She may, however be in the phone book.

Electoral Roll 2002-04
Catherine A Jordan

, , , View Address

Other occupants: Paul J Jordan , James J Jordan , Graeme J Jordan

Catherine

Catherine Report 18 Oct 2016 19:08

Trying to contact Janet Rowell. Would love to speak to her and exchange family history. She would be able to tell me more about my grandmother who I think died when I was about 3-4 years.
If any of her family read this, please get in touch.

Catherine

Catherine

Catherine Report 18 Oct 2016 19:15

Would love Janet Rowell or any of her family to contact me.

Catherine

mgnv

mgnv Report 18 Oct 2016 20:41

Date Name Spouse Register Entry
30/09/1933 GRAY, Joseph HENRY, Mary C R 158 225
https://www.southtyneside.gov.uk/article/34814/Search-births-deaths-and-marriages-records

The Marriage Index link does not list the R register code, but presumably it's the registrar's own register.
So this marr other took place in a rego office, or in a church that did not have an official marr rego (causing a registrar to attend with his official rego).
By 1933, the only non-conformists that had chosen not to apply for authorization to keep rego's were the RCs, although newly opened churches could wait a couple of years for approval.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 19 Oct 2016 09:14

PM sent to Catherine Gray, to advise her on how to contact Janet.

Catherine

Catherine Report 21 Oct 2016 18:05

This is Catherine. Please send details of how I can contact Janet Rowell.