Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Griffiths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ginqueen

ginqueen Report 4 Nov 2005 18:08

Hi I'm looking for information on James (Jim) Griffiths (1890 - 1975) who was born in Betws, Ammanford (South Wales) and was the first Secretary of State for Wales - I think he moved to Teddington, Middlesex. I have details of his brothers and sisters but am more interested in his parents - one of his parents was the sibling to my great-grandmother Blodwyn Rees. James Griffiths's grandmother was Susannah Rees (or Rhys or Rhysl) from Pontamman, Ammanford and was famous for her herbal potions. James Griffiths was one of 8 children, one of his brothers was David 'Amanwy' Rees Griffiths (1882 - 1953) who was a famous welsh Bard. I would be grateful of any information.

David

David Report 17 Oct 2014 20:06

Found your old post from 2005. Did you find the information you were looking for. Susannah Griffiths nee Rees was my 2 x Great Grandmother

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 17 Oct 2014 20:21

Hello David - best click on ginqueen's name to send a message via this site - if she still has the same emil address she should receive it - she won't be looking for a reply after nine years

Ann :-)