Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sheila Oldring

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 3 Mar 2006 19:41

FREDA JONES born about 1901 I am trying to find any information on Freda Caroline Jones. She married my Grandfather, James Corfied in the 1920's. They had two boys. Unfortunately she disappeared from their lives when they were both very young. I would dearly love to trace any subseqnent children (if she re-married) or any clues to what happened to her. My father, her eldest son, Reginald, is now 80years old. I would love to fill to gaps for him. Thank you Sheila

Heather Ann

Heather Ann Report 12 Apr 2014 01:55

My Grandmother was born Freda Cornwall Jones 1904. Gave birth to my mother in 1925 in Winchcomb, Glous but didnt bring her up.No fathers name on the birth certificate. I am interested whether there is a link.

jax

jax Report 12 Apr 2014 02:01

Hi Heather

Shelia posted this 8 years ago and may not be an active member now. Click on her name and send a private message, if her email address is still the same she will be notified

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Apr 2014 02:25

Heather Ann if you look back at your thread I think I pretty definitely ruled out this person as being your relation after I went down that trail too far ...

Births Dec 1903
Jones Caroline Freda King's N. 6c 459

Marriages Jun 1925
Corfield James R Jones Birmingham N. 6d 1104
Jones Freda C Corfield Birmingham N. 6d 1104

would you reply in that thread (in case you want to save the info for future reference so you remember it has been ruled out) so I can delete the info about this other family in that other thread please ?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1339317

you both have mysterious Fredas but I am sure they are not the same ones

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Apr 2014 08:51

There is clearly no connection whatsoever, Heather..............

It's a pity that someone alerted you to the existence of this thread......................it's a complete red herring...........................

The sensible course of action is to follow the advice you were given..........buy a copy of Freda's birth cert.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Apr 2014 08:54

This is the Freda being sought on THIS thread................

Marriages Mar 1938 (>99%)
CORFIELD Freda C Wilkins Birmingham 6d 494
Jones Freda C Wilkins Birmingham 6d 494
Wilkins Albert Corfield Birmingham 6d 494
Wilkins Albert Jones Birmingham 6d 494