Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael Keen 1812 -1904 - Who is his Father?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Davina

Davina Report 11 Mar 2010 20:14

Michael Keen (1812 - 1904) was born at Bethnal Green, Stepney, London, England. His mother was Elizabeth Keen c.1785 - c.1845. She married James Burrows but he wasn't Michael's father. Michael married Jemima Byard in 1837. Many of his descendants now live here in New Zealand.

jolee

jolee Report 12 Mar 2010 10:40

He married just before the change in the marriage certs so his father is not mentioned. If you dont have this cert click on my name and send me a PM with your email address and I will be only to glad to send it to you.

Davina

Davina Report 14 Mar 2010 19:51

Hello Ann and Joan, Following correspondence from Cynthia I now realise that I've misunderstood how to use this board. I am so sorry. My reply to each of you was sent directly (by clicking on your names) but Cynthia has explained that it is very important to publicly acknowledge responses. Although I've been a member for a while I've only recently acquired a modern computer with broadband and using message boards is a new experience. I certainly do appreciate the help and support of volunteers throughout the world and would be happy to do the same for others who would like a local source in New Zealand. Joan, I now know what a "PM" is and I gave my email address in my reply to you. That would be most helpful, thankyou. Ann, thankyou too - yes, I believe this is the same person. And Cynthia, thankyou also for taking the time to write to me. Best wishes from Davina