Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Larkin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nigel

Nigel Report 16 Feb 2007 18:55

looking for any decendants of the 'PEANUT' Larkin family from east london.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 30 Jul 2008 13:30

Karon,

As this thread is over a year old it might be better to send a message to Nigel - just click on his name

M

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Apr 2011 08:37

Good morning Nigel

I have just seen your post on Genes and I believe that my family may berelated to the Larkins through my dad's family. I believe Henry (Mackio) Larkin married Elizabeth Waghorn which is a family name on my dad's mum 's side.

I have seen 2 articles on the internet, one with a picture of them - I just clicked on Larkins Peanuts.

I remember an aunt of mine saying years ago in the 50's possibly that the Larkins were related to my grandmother, but now with the internet I can try to find out.

Margaret Blackwell

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 6 Apr 2011 09:12

Margaret ... do read the post above yours. (It's in reply to a post that the poster then deleted.)

The post is 4 years old now ...

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 7 Apr 2011 13:44

Hello Margaret,

If you are looking for possible connections on this site, then try putting the names and birth details into the Search Trees box above to see if anyone else on this site has them in their tree. If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner.

If you would like help with your research, then why not start a thread of your own? Take a look at the Help Clinic for further info. Regards. Cx.

Janice

Janice Report 17 Jun 2012 19:43

Hello Nigel,

Just came across your interest in the Larkins and I am a descendant of the Larkins. My grandmother Elizabeth Larkin was a sister of Henry Mackio Larkin and one of the shops they had in Freemasons Road was round the corner to Argyle Road where Elizabeth lived with her husband James Dennison and their 10 children. My mother used to tell us stories of the Larkins especially Mackio and she was very proud that he was the Peanut King. I know they had sweetshops and a particular story was when Mackio wanted to sell more of his chocolate covered raisins?, he advertised that he had lost a diamond ring in the mix and would give a reward to the finder of the ring. Obviously a great salesman! I believe there were also brothers who were costermongers and had a fruit stall and often would bring the produce round for storage to Argyle Road. They would sleep there as well so the 2 up, 2 down house must have been bursting at the seams. Hope this is of interest.

Regards, janice

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Jun 2012 20:07

Janice, as per the advice above, this is an old thread and it is unlikely that Nigel will return to it. If you click on his name you can send him a message, if he is still a member and GR has a current email for him he will be notified of the message :-)