Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McNamara

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 21 Apr 2004 13:41

Hi All, I have just set up new and up and coming group for McNamara and family names from all over the world. Please feel free to come along and join in with the fun. http://uk.msnusers.com/McNamarasandotherFamilyNames Regards. Martin (Manager of group). Hope to see you there.

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 21 Sep 2007 23:09

Hi just noticed your message (i know it is 2007) My 3 greats grandmother was Mary McNamra b ? and married Michael O'Meara Feb 25 1839 in Launceston Tasmania Australia. She died in 1866. They had 9 children I am aware of. Love to hear more about her so keeping fingers crossed.from Lorraine from New Zealand

Anne

Anne Report 2 Oct 2007 12:04

G'day....Bridget McNamara (my ggggrandmother) married James Vandeleur on 6th February 1826. Witnessed by her father/brother John McNamara and Thomas Lynch...The ceremony took place in the ecclesiastical Parish of Cratloe in Sixmilebridge in County Clare...Ireland. Had 2 sons then sadly died.

Kerrynk

Kerrynk Report 14 Jun 2015 09:59

hi, just found your messages, My 3rd great grandparents were Robert Anderson and Mary Vandeleur. Mary was born abt 1836 in Six Mile Bridge County Clare Ireland and is the daughter of James Vandeleur and Mary McNamara. Mary come to Victoria Australia and married scotsman Robert Anderson in 1859. They had 5 children. I would love to hear from anyone that has any information on James and Mary
Kerryn

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Jun 2015 11:55

Kerrynk - as these posts were getting on for over 8 years ago, it might be best to send each of the posters a private message by clicking on their names.

As long as they still have the same registered email address, GR will let them know that you are trying to get in contact.

To further your own research, search all members trees and send a message to anyone who may list your mutual ancestors

Good luck!