Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Norris

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ratty

Ratty Report 5 Apr 2006 16:04

I'm looking for any info on Norrises from the Bolton, Lanc's area. My M.i.L. Mabel Norris was the youngest of 12 and lived in the Deane area, a brother Samuel lived in Blackpool but as far as I know the rest of the family stayed around Bolton. Anything at all would be helpful. Thank you.

Christine

Christine Report 20 Sep 2007 15:04

I had a relative , my grandfathers brother who was born in Ireland but moved to the Bolton area. His name was Samuel, his fathers name was also Samuel. Samuel jnr was one of many children, the rest moved to Oldham
If this rings any bells then come back to me,

Cheers

Christine

Ratty

Ratty Report 16 May 2016 21:46

Hello Christine,
I do apologise for not getting back to you, I seem to be looking for too many people all at the same time and i'm not very good at this "multitasking" milarky.
Anyway my late MiL,s brother Samuel lived in Blackpool and there was never any mention of Ireland, but thank you for your efforts to help me.
Knd regards.
Ted.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 May 2016 21:54

Ted, you may not have noticed that it is 9 years since Christine added, it's unlikely that she is still looking.

You could try sending her a message by clicking on her name, but as she has 0 posts on her profile, it may well be she is no longer a member.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 16 May 2016 21:55

Hi there Ted - best click on Christine's name to send her a message via this site - she'll not be looking for a reply after such a long time

you could also use the "Search" facility - top right hand corner of this page, to see if there are any connections to your family on this site

if you require assistance, you'll get plenty of help if you let us know how far back you've got, with names, location and relevant date