Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ryde-Weller

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diana

Diana Report 24 Feb 2008 01:18

Looking for anything on my Grandfather, Wynyard Hamilton Ryde-Weller. He married Lillian Aileen Burnett in Paddington in the 4th qu. 1905. They had 2 children, Aileen Mary (1909) and Wynyard Hamilton (1907). He disappeared in the 1910's.
I think he was born in Lucan, Ireland, but I don't have any dates and can find no trace of him on any website.

Lewella

Lewella Report 24 Feb 2008 01:20

Have you purchased the marriage certificate to get his father's details and his age?

England & Wales, FreeBMD Marriage Index: 1837-1983
about Wynyard Ryde
Name: Wynyard Ryde to Lilian Aileen Burnett
Year of Registration: 1905
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Paddington
County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
Volume: 1a
Page: 63

Diana

Diana Report 24 Feb 2008 20:59

Thanks, Lewella! I already found that info. on FreeBMD, but can find no trace of him after that. I am in Canada. Can you tell me how I can get a copy of the marriage certificate? I believe I need some kind of number, but I don't know where to find it!

Lewella

Lewella Report 24 Feb 2008 21:07

Apply online at www.gro.gov.uk You will need the Volume and Page numbers from the FreeBMD

John

John Report 19 Sep 2015 09:46

New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957:

Name: Wynyard H Ryde Weller
Arrival Date: 31 Oct 1914
Birth Date: abt 1869
Birth Location: England
Birth Location Other: Tavistock
Ethnicity/ Nationality: English
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Lusitania

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 19 Sep 2015 10:46

Hi there John -this is an old posting - 2008 - you could try to make contact with the poster via this site by clicking on his name to send a message :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Sep 2015 10:47

John

This is a very old thread (2008) and I doubt that Diana will see your post. You could try clicking on her name and sending a private message. If she still has the same email address that she registered with Genes then she will be informed that she has a message from you.

EDIT - Snap Ann. x

Kath. x