Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Stephens

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daphne

Daphne Report 2 Dec 2004 20:56

Daphne Clarke (nee Stephens) Hi, I am trying to find information on my grandfather Thomas Stephens born May 1868 in Landkey Barnstable - he was a mason and on 12 April 1890 signed up with the Royal Engineers. He was related to the Stephens' who are (were) in the ink business. He served in the army for 12 years 106 days in total and discharged in Cape Town in July 1902. He married my grandmother Alice Maud Richards who was from St. Helena Islands. They went on to have many children; Alice Maud (1895)Thomas Edward (1898) Lottie Elizabeth(1900) Joseph Samuel (1903 died 1905) Harold James Frederick (1904) Charles Archibald (1907)my father;Lilian May (1909) Florence Ethel (1911 died 2003) Agnus Annie (1913) and Arthur John (1926). Can anyone help? I would be most gratefull cannot find grandfather on the cencus I think he had 2/3 sisters. They were none too happy at his choice of wife I was told so possibly lost touch? All the names mentioned are now deceased.

Nicholls

Nicholls Report 5 Feb 2016 23:21

HI Daphne,

I am researching for my dear friend the Stephens family. I believe her grandmother was Charlotte Elizabeth or Elizabeth Charlotte. Born 1900. I have found Thomas Stephens death certificate, signed by her husband.

I see you wrote this in 2004! Hopefully you have found more information Her name is Rebecca and I believe you are cousins.

Kind regards,
Laura
laura

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Feb 2016 23:28

Laura as it's unlikely Daphne will see your reply, click on her name to send a message, if she still has the same email address she will be notified. :-)