Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Birth Certificate,Dublin.Updated p3

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 1 Mar 2008 11:59

In Feb I sent of for my Fathers birth certificate,I know from his Death certificate he was born in Dublin in 1931.
A letter arrived this morning say they have searched between 1930-1934 and no record can be found.
My father died when i was 11,i have no family remaining that i can ask for anymore details.
I have been waiting like a little child for his birth certificate,i thought at last i can find out about my dad and his family,but sadly no.
Has anybody got any idea's what i can do now !

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 1 Mar 2008 14:42

Thank's Susan,I don't think i will find him in any records,because he was born in 1931.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Margaret,I didn't explain myself.

My dad,Edward Graham was born in Dublin 1931, (or so i thought) he married my mum in England in 1952.
On his death certificate it has his place of birth as Dublin.
On there marriage certificate it states his Father's name as Peter,and it has him being deceased, which i don't think he was !(deceased has been wrote in along with his occupation as solider) So in short i an looking for,

Edward Graham 29-11-1931.........Possible Dublin,Ireland
Father - Peter
Mother - Ellen.........possible

Sibling.......Peter,Donald,James and Eileen,....born between 1920-1935 in Dublin ?

(Possible still sane when i find the family)

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 1 Mar 2008 17:39

n

Joy

Joy Report 1 Mar 2008 18:25

Information on certificates is only as accurate as the person, having given it, thinks it is. Sorry, that is bad grammar! So he could have been born before 1931.

What you could do is subscribe (free) to the rootsweb mailing list for Dublin. I have been a member of that list and received helpful advice there.

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 1 Mar 2008 18:29

Thank's Joy,

i'll look into that.x

Joy

Joy Report 1 Mar 2008 18:40

You're welcome.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 1 Mar 2008 19:14

what about Belfast..?

Have you concidered that he could have been born here,?
There are 2 both in the North East, Oct/Dec 1931,,,,&Jan /Mar 1932.....,,,,Edward Graham,,,one appears to single person and the other mothers maiden name as Swanson,,

What about one of his siblings can you get one of thier birth certificates,?to compare details,,,,,,

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 1 Mar 2008 19:31

Thanks Kay,

Until today i never concidered anywhere but Dublin.I don't have any details apart from name's of any of his sibling's,after my father died the family for one reason or another driffted apart.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 1 Mar 2008 19:38

Have you found any of the siblings famlies??
who was witness on the marriage cert -any clues there,?? or addrees where he lived at the time for checking electorals for it.??

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 1 Mar 2008 20:03

They were married in Crewe Cheshire,England,
where the family was living at that time,and the marriage was witness by
H Moore brother-in-law and
S Jones my mums friend.
So no real clues there.

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 1 Mar 2008 21:10

hi blue moon,
browseing thriugh the 1911 censes for Dublin and found this,
GRAHAM PETER,HEAD 31 GEN. LABORUR.
GRAHAM ELLIEN WIFE 30,
GRAHAM PETER SON SCHOLAR AGE 8
GRAHAM PATRICK SCHOLAR AGE 6.
ALL BORN DUBLIN CITY
NARRIED 11 YEARS
11 CHILDREN BORN ALIVE 2 STILL LIVING.
LIVING 10.2 MOSS STREET.
SOUTH DUBLIN
PARISH ST. MARKS.
COULD THE CHILD PETER BE YOUR GRANFATHER. HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN 1902-3.?.
THERE IS ONLY FOUR PETERS. LIVING IN DUBLIN ON THE 1911 CENSES.
GOOD LUCK.
BETTY.
WWW(.)NATIONALARCHIVES(.)IE

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 1 Mar 2008 21:13

SORRY THAT SHOULD READ 8 CHILDREN BORN ALIVE 2 STILL LIVING NOT 11. MARRIED 11 YEARS.
BETTY.

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 1 Mar 2008 23:20

N

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 2 Mar 2008 10:27

Hi Betty ,
Sorry i did't reply last night.

It could be ! the date's would be about right.
Thanks Betty.

Thistledown

Thistledown Report 2 Mar 2008 14:53

hi bluemoon,
it is a pleasure hope it connects up, it is so exciting when the jigsaw starts to come to-gether.

BEST OF LUCK,
BETTY.

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 3 Mar 2008 16:27

Just found a bit more info on my Father,from his marriage cert,(1952) ,his profession was,

2228990 Trooper Royal Tank Regiment (Regular)

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find out more ?

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 3 Mar 2008 20:36

n

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 1 Jul 2008 21:01

I received a copy of my Dad's army records,
the information I have about his birth is the same in his army records.
( Edward Graham born 29-11-1931 in Dublin )

A couple of very kind people off here have been to the records office at Dublin and have searched 10 years around his birth date,and still can't trace him.

Anybody got any other ideas,

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 4 Jul 2008 11:50

n

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 11 Oct 2008 10:16

Just keeping all my info together

- 16/09/2008 21:02:56
Evening Anthony, I am try to find a birth certificate for my father. His Name was Edward Graham b1931 - d1971 Dublin,his marriage certificate, Army records and death certificate all have the same date and place of birth. I sent off to Roscommon records office without successs,and a search 10 years each side of his birth date has been done at the record office at Dublin,again without success. If his birth was never registered I presume I will have to try and find Church records but where do I start?(not living in Ireland.) This has been ongoing now for many years,and I really need to progress now. I will be grateful for any suggestion. Thank you Fay.

Answer
You can actually order the General Registration records on microfilm and search them yourself at any Mormon Family History Centre. Widening the search parameters as far as possible is sensible. Edward's birth may not have been registered, in which case his baptism record would be a good substitute: you would need to know where he was born and your question suggests that you have a good idea of this.