Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

re familytree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 5 Jul 2008 17:39

can anyone look up to see if there is a marriage or death of a francis tully, I know he was born in 1883 or 4. father william in liverpool 1901, father may have gone back to ireland , but he stayed. thankyou.

Rachel

Rachel Report 5 Jul 2008 17:42

How about this marriage in 1914?

Francis Tully - Agnes Sheehan in West Derby

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 5 Jul 2008 17:44

Only one on FreeBMD is this :-
Marriages Mar 1903 (>99%)
Cassels James Morpeth 10b 583
Ross Mary Jane Morpeth 10b 583
Shepherd Sarah Catherine Morpeth 10b 583
Tulley Francis Purvis Morpeth 10b 583

But Rachels looks more likely.

Rachel

Rachel Report 5 Jul 2008 17:47

There is a marriage for a Thomas Francis Tully in 1907 January - March quarter West Derby 8b 709.

Karen

Karen Report 5 Jul 2008 17:47

thakyou the 1914 one looks that it maybe right.

Karen

Karen Report 5 Jul 2008 17:50

rachel, does it say who he married?

Rachel

Rachel Report 5 Jul 2008 17:51

You could request the 1914 one - July - September quarter, 1914 West Derby 8b 1005 and state that the father's name is William for reference checking.

Rachel

Rachel Report 5 Jul 2008 17:55

I think this is the birth reference for Francis Tully:

1886 West Derby April - June quarter 8b 476

Karen

Karen Report 5 Jul 2008 17:57

many thanks to you for your help. ive been looking for hours and had no luck, and you came back in no time . thankyou

Rachel

Rachel Report 5 Jul 2008 17:58

Sorry - forgot to tell you that Francis married Agnes Sheehan in 1914.

You could state Francis' parents for reference checking when you order the certificate.

Lesley

Lesley Report 8 May 2016 05:02

Help Needed:

Looking for Tully Family from England to India, and they have children whom married in India to Speechly.
Thank You

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 8 May 2016 06:35

Lesley, you have added to an old 'Thread, dated 2008.
Better to start your own one, from scratch!.

I take it these below belong to you, from google search...

http://search.fibis.org/frontis/bin/

(Families in British India Society)

(have you looked on above?)

Being in Australia, I appreciate you can't get to British Library in London, they have the India Office, which holds all sorts of Records relating, there could perhaps be other things to look at. An old episode of programme, 'Who Do You Think You Are', featuring Alistair McGowan comes to mind, when he found his ancestor came from Ireland...from documents, British Library.

(Back in England, Alistair takes his query about John to a military historian at the British Library. He learns from the records that John McGowan went to India as a private soldier, and worked his way up to the rank of major. But the muster books for Fort St George have another surprise in store. There is a column stating the country of origin of the soldiers - and John McGowan came from Ireland.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/whodoyouthinkyouare/past-stories/alistair-mcgowan.shtml

Chris :)

In my family tree I have Rezan or Roseanne Tully and I am searching the Tully and Speechley family, that used to live in India. My G-G-G- grandmother Rezan Tully married G-G-G- grandpa George Speechley about 1857 in India.

Do you have any family members that are related to the above family. As they are in my family tree which belongs to the Speechley side of the family. George's parents were George and Mary Speechley, can you shed some light on this family as I would be most greatful.

I have now hit a dead end, trying to find this family. As I am trying very hard to put a family tree together for my family here in Australia. My father has passed on and left us with no clues at all to his side of this family.

I have searched for this information, and been to every site possible regarding Speechly/Tully Families who lived in India.

facebook
I am trying to trace way back to British/India, on my late father's side of the family and I have hit so many brick walls. I am a pensioner and have to watch how I spend, but some sites want money which is hard to come by now day. I am looking for George Speechly who was in the British/India Army and was married to Mary Anne and they had a son born George born in India and also married there to Rozan Tully. Any information would help me in locating all this side of the Speechly Family.
My late father's name is Leslie James Speechly and he is also a twin Albert Victor Speechley and if you find any information on him I would be most grateful for your help.
Many Thanks
Lesley

http://anglofamilytrees.com/speechly_family_tree.htm

George SPEECHLY a Private in the 3rd Madras fusiliers, (was awarded the Indian Mutiny Medal) married Mary ?? on 27th November 1868 India
Children:
1.George Speechly (b ?)

Next Generation

George Speechly (b ?) married Rezan Tully (born ?), children:
1.Samuel Speechly
2.James Speechly
3.Charles Speechly

Next Generation

Samuel SPEECHLY married Anne Charlotte ?? at Bellary, Tamil Nadu, India. Children:
1.Louise Speechly (born 16th January 1862, India)
2.??( marriage records refer to Samuel Speechly as the father of Daniel Speechly and also of Frederick Edward Speechly.)

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 8 May 2016 11:42

British India Office Ecclesiastical Returns - Marriages Transcription

First name(s) Rozan
Last name Tully
Marriage year 1857
Marriage date 19 Feb 1857
Spouse's first name George
Spouse's last name Speechly
Place Kamptee
Presidency Madras
Groom's age 21
Bride's age 18
Groom's father's first name George
Groom's father's last name Speechly
Bride's father's first name William
Bride's father's last name Tully
Catalogue description Parish register transcripts from the Presidency of Madras, : 1698-1948
Archive reference N-2-38
Folio number 49

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 8 May 2016 17:02

Marriage Year 1857 (Madras)
Husband First Names Samuel (occ. Artificer. Bachelor. Age 23)
Husband Surname Speechley
Wife First Names Charlotte A (Spinster. Age 16. Father Daniel)
Wife Surname German (Garman, Gorman?)

(perhaps relates, looking at image on Find My Past, Father George Speechley)

(Artificer. A military mechanic who does repairs)

http://rmhh.co.uk/occup/index.html

edits

(I see you have Father George, and Caroline Sinsbeck 1821)

http://boards.ancestry.com.au/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=15972&p=localities.britisles.ireland.general