Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hendrick family from around waterford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anita

Anita Report 19 Feb 2011 14:25

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could help me with an irish look up please.

i am looking for a JOHN HENDRICK born about 1896 in waterford ireland can't find his birth certificate, as the other problem is his father is THOMAS HENDRICK and can't find birth or marraige for him or a wife to link JOHN. JOHN married a Mary Reidy in 1916 in Waterford. The registry office in waterford have a birth certificate for mary and marriage certificate but with out the name of Thomas's wife and Johns mother they say that they could not link up THOMAS WITH JOHN. have tried ireland calls, irelandroots, griffiths valuations, census 1901 and 1911 and genes reunited but with no avail.

i have the following info,
JOHN HENDRICK age at marriage is 20
Married 21 st october 1916
profession PORTER
lived at MORRISSONS ROAD WATERFORD
Father THOMAS HENDRICK he was a ENGINE DRIVER
Married at Roman Catholic Cathedral waterford.
this is all i have for THOMAS and JOHN HENDRICK.
THANK YOU ANITA

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 19 Feb 2011 14:34

Have you checked this one out??

1911 census - household transcription
Person: HENDRICK, John
Vessel: Mercury
Port/place: Hamble Hants

Cost:
You will be charged 10 credits for a transcript and 30 credits for an image, unless you have purchased a subscription for this set of records.

census search results all search results redefine current search
Name Relation Condition/
Yrs married Sex Age Birth
Year Occupation Where Born Original
census

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HENDRICK, John Single M 15 1896 Training On T S Mercury Crusheen Co Clare VIEW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RG number:
RG14 Piece:
6047 Reference:
RG14PN6047 RD100 SD1 ED25 SN34

Registration District:
South Stoneham Sub District:
St Mary Extra Enumeration District:
25 Parish:
Hound

Address:
Hamble Hants County:
Hampshire

chrisa

chrisa Report 19 Feb 2011 14:35

What about this one?

Residents of a house 1 in Graces Lane (Waterford No. 3 Urban, Waterford)

Hendrick Annie 36 Female Head of Family Roman Catholic Waterford City - Read and write - Married - 20yrs 7children born 5 children living
Hendrick Bridget 17 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Waterford City Spinner in Bag Factory Read and write - Single - - - -
Hendrick John 16 Male Son Roman Catholic Waterford City General Labourer Read and write - Single - - - -
Hendrick Philip 14 Male Son Roman Catholic Waterford City Hardware Assistant Read and write - Single - - - -
Hendrick Josephine 9 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Waterford City Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Hendrick Bessy 1 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Waterford City - Cannot read - Single - - - -

I'm having trouble finding this family in 1901

chrisa

chrisa Report 19 Feb 2011 14:40

This is the same family I think in 1901

Residents of a house 12 in Kings Terrace (Part of) (Waterford No. 1 Urban, Waterford)

Henerick Annie 28 Female Head of Family Roman Catholic Waterford City House Keeper Read and write - Married -
Henerick Bridget 7 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Waterford City Scholar Read - Not Married -
Henerick John 6 Male Son Roman Catholic Waterford City Scholar Read - Not Married -
Henerick Philip 4 Male Son Roman Catholic Waterford City - Cannot read - Not Married -
Henerick Johanna Female Daughter Roman Catholic Waterford City - Cannot read - Not Married -

Anita

Anita Report 20 Feb 2011 17:00

thank you for your help so far, i have already seen these on the web pages and none of these are the same as what i know . thank you again.
anita

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 21 Feb 2011 10:35

Anita...You say (re above from Chrisa) "None of these are the same as what I know"
Well what is it you know that you havent put on your initial posting...?

Anita

Anita Report 23 Feb 2011 13:05

hi,Eringobragh 1916

WELL JOHN HENDRICK BORN IN WATERFORD IN 1896 IN WATERFORD FATHER THOMAS. REGISTARY OFFICE IN WATERFORD TOLD ME. BUT THERES NO NAME OF MOTHER/WIFE OF BOTH THOMAS AND JOHN WHICH IM LOOKING FOR, JOHN MARRIED IN 1916 TO A MARY REIDY AT WATERFORD CATHEDERAL (GOT MARRIAGE CERT.) MARYS FATHER WAS JOHN REIDY . JOHN REIDY ON MARRIAGE CERT. BOTH LIVED IN WATERFORD BEFORE MARRYING .
JOHN LIVED IN MORRISSONS ROAD WATERFORD AND MARY LIVED IN NEW STREET WATERFORD. HER MOTHERS NAME WAS BRIDGET HICKEY.
JOHN AND MARY HENDRICK LIVED AT 36 SPRING GARDEN ALLEY WATERFORD WHEN AND AFTER BIRTHS OF CHILDREN THEN NOTHING..
THEY HAD THESE CHILDREN.
THEY HAD 5 CHILDREN JOHN FRANCIS BORN 20TH OCTOBER 1925, THOMAS BORN ON 12TH MAY 1924 ,
CHRISTOPHER BORN ON 19TH NOVEMBER 1927,
BRIDGET JOSEPHINE BORN ON 21 SEPTEMBER 1922, AT MATERNITY HOSPITAL AT NOT SHAW WHAT IT SAID MIAMENT ST. DONT KNOW IT

BUT BRIDGET DIED 14TH DEC 1923 15 MONTHS .
AND MARY HENDRICK BORN 25TH AUGUST 1929.
ALSO HAVE MARY REIDY/HENDRICK BORN CERT. 6TH JAN 1897 LIVING AT NEW STREET 1897 MOTHER HICKEY.
THE REGISTRY OFFICE SAY THAT A MARY HENDRICK DIED 6 MONTHS AFTER BIRTH , THIS MARY BORN 1929 25 AUG. BUT MARY IS STILL ALIVE AND LIVING IN WATERFORD/KILKENNY. MY HUSBANDS MOTHER.
MARY DAUGHTER ,WAS TOLD THAT SHE WAS BORN AND THEN HER MOTHER DIED AFTER, BUT NO RECORD ONLY DEATH OF DAUGHTER
ON 21 FEB 1930. FATHER PRESANT AT 36 SPRING GARDEN ALLEY.
FATHER WAS A DOCK LABOURER.
MARY WAS TOLD THAT HER MOTHER HAD DIED AND IN 1930'S HER DAD DIED, SO SHE WAS FOSTERED OR SOMETHING TO WALSHS .
SHE GROW UP THERE AND DONT KNOW THAT SHES GO FAMILY. THIS IS WHY IM TRYING TO GET THIS RIGHT. SHE DOESNT KNOW ABOUT BROTHERS AND SISTER OR THAT HER PARENTS MAY NOT HAVE DIED ATALL. SPOKE TO SOME ONE IN ENGLAND AND THEY SAY THAT A THOMAS HENDRICK BORN IN WATERFORD AT SAME TIME AND PLACE AND HAD JOHN AND CHRISTOPHER AS BROTHERS MOVED TO ENGLAND NAVY AND MARINES THEY THINK BUT FUNNY THING IS THAT THEY SAY THE MOTHER WAS MARY HENDRICK REIDY AND JOHN HENDRICK MOVED TO ENGLAND TO. SO WHY DID THEY LEAVE MARY???. DONT KNOW MUCH MORE AND CANT PUT IT ALL TOGETHER YET. THANKS FOR LISTENING.
ANITA.

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 23 Feb 2011 14:41

Hello Anita...Although John lived Morrisson's Road when he married that does not discount his living somewhere else before his marriage...
Also you have John marrying Mary in 1916 yet their 1st child was not born until 1923 (Bridget) then she had further children...I find this strange although I guess its not improbable.....
I will have another look around with the info.you have provided....see if I can see anything...

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 23 Feb 2011 18:02

Anita..For ref. This is the only Reidy living New St. 1911..the same family are living St John's Lane 1901 except there is listed a Bridget (eldest daughter)

Mother Brid. is already a widow and that gives year of death for her husband after approx 1894/5 as Mary is only aged 4 "last birthday"...

You can see all this on the Irish Census..(Free to search and download) if you dont already have it...

Unfortunately Brid doesn't state how many children she had or how long married.

Anita

Anita Report 1 Mar 2011 15:32

thank you for help Eringobragh 1916, will look into this and see what else i can pick up.
anita

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Shirley

Shirley Report 25 Jun 2016 22:37

HI Anita, my name is Shirley Ann Kinsman, nee Shirley Ann Hendrick. My father was Thomas Hendrick born 12.5.24. I would really love to hear from you. I am also on facebook Please get in touch with me xxxx :-) :-)
I can email you photo of John and Mary Hendrick taken 1960 xx

Anita

Anita Report 12 Jul 2016 12:25

Hi Shirley, Could you tell me a bit more .

1) Was Thomas born in England if not where born
2) was Mary and John Hendrick born here too or somewhere else, if so where and when moved over here and how .
3) was there children come over with them.
4) Do you have any other information about Hendrick family includeing other family on both sides. this will help. if you dont have birth or death certificates them ring the registery offices in county they were born or died.
aany information would help. i can then check my end.
thank you ANITA

Shirley

Shirley Report 8 Aug 2016 23:01

HI Anita, my dad Thomas was born in Waterford 12.5.24. That is definite. His parents were born there too. Im not sure how it came about my grandparents Mary and John ended up moving to the UK, Birmingham. Sorry i dont have any information on the matter. My uncle John moved to Gibraltar and Uncle Chris to Leeds UK. I can send you the photos if you give your email. I have sent you a private message too thankyou