Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lost relations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robevans57

Robevans57 Report 30 Apr 2012 22:25

I am trying to piece together a family tree and to date my family is as far away as Perth Australia, New York and Switzerland. I am trying to see if there are any relatives to Phyllis Doreen Perkin (Nee Urch) born about 1930 in what was then Monmouthshire. I believe Phyllis was married to Frederick John Perkin about 1951. If there is anyone who can help drop me a line.
Cheers

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Apr 2012 22:26

Robert, the best thing to do is to check for matches with all names you have by using 'search trees' above.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Apr 2012 22:29

Have PM'd probable sons for this marriage.
Jan

Mike *

Mike * Report 30 Apr 2012 22:36

Births Jun 1930
Urch Phyllis D - Mother's maiden name Moseley - Newport M. 11a 341

probable brother

Births Sep 1914
Urch Alfred S - Moseley - Newport M. 11a 691

Rather a large gap between them so PLEASE check out the certificates to see if they have the same parents.

Mike *

Mike * Report 30 Apr 2012 22:38

Marriages Dec 1936 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Potts Nellie - Urch - Kensington 1a 462
Urch Alfred S - Potts - Kensington 1a 462

Mike *

Mike * Report 30 Apr 2012 22:42

PM'd a possible nephew

Mike *

Mike * Report 30 Apr 2012 23:07

Ahh ...

2 marriages for Urch and Moseley, so perhaps Alfred was Phyllis' cousin not brother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1914

MOSELEY Gwenllian - Urch - Bedwellty 11a 132
URCH Alfred E -Moseley - Bedwelty 11a 132

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1929
Urch Ernest -Moseley - Newport M 11a 684
Moseley Annie - Urch - Newport M. 11a 384

Robevans57

Robevans57 Report 1 May 2012 22:16

Please accept my appology for not replying in the correct way. I hope this message gets to you all.
What you have done for me is fantastic. I will report back to you when I have more news on my family links.
Between you a gap of over 50 years has been closed and possibly the opening of a new link for me and my family.
Thanks again
Rob

Alun

Alun Report 23 Jul 2014 12:00

Hi Rob,

I have only just found your inquiry so my apologies for the delay. I don't know if you found the details you wanted for Phyllis Urch born in 1930 in Newport Monmouthshire or Gwent as it is now called.
Phyllis Urch was my cousin and I have a lot of info on this Urch family and I can put you in touch with her brother.
Let me know if you still need info

Alun Urch

greyghost

greyghost Report 23 Jul 2014 14:04

Alun - As you have noticed, this thread was started a while age and Rob does not seem to have been active on the boards since. He may well not be looking for replies now, so suggest you click on his name and send him a personal message. If he has the same email address as when he registered with GR they will be able to forward it on to him.