Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Historical Elect Roll Chk Bangor N Wales 1957&1962

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CasCas

CasCas Report 14 Apr 2014 20:15

Hello

Does by any slim chance anyone have access to historical Electorol Rolls for Bangor N Wales?

Im looking at the address of 13 Clarence St, Bangor at the end of 1957. I know one lady there was a Beryl Margaret Morgan but I was trying to find out who else lived in that house.

Also
I am trying to find the address of Beryl Margaret Morgan (and her sister Gwenda Morgan) in Oct 1962. I have a copy of her marriage cert at that time but for the life of me I cant read the address! It looks like TOP-OWEN or TOP-DURREM, Bangor. Im also interested who else lived at that ddress at the same time.

A real long shot I know but thought Id just try to see if anyone does have acess to such info..

Many thanks
Cassie :-S :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Apr 2014 20:42

You'd normally find historical ER in the local library if it has a Local Studies centre, or the nearest Archive.

Bangor Library doesn't say if it has a Local Studies section; if they don't they could probably tell you were the ER are held

http://www.gwynedd.gov.uk/gwy_doc.asp?doc=23212&Language=1&p=1&c=1

If no one on GR can work out the address on the MC, someone with local knowledge, ie a Librarian might be able to help if you were to send them a scan.

CasCas

CasCas Report 14 Apr 2014 20:51

Thanks DetEcTive - I was thinking maybe I would ask someone local to have a look at the address I cant decifer. The writing is extremely small and poor too.

I know its a long shot re the ER checks but thought Id start here first. If not I shall try the library next step.

Thanks and regards
Cassie :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Apr 2014 20:55

There's no harm in asking. Who knows? Someone might have a disc! :-)