Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lucy Ann wood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 18 Apr 2014 22:04

Hi three folks,

Have just found out that one of my grans brothers wife's daughter only died in 1994.

Lucy ann wood married frank Harrison in Leeds. Father of Lucy ann was William wood and mother was Lucy ann fox. William died in World War One wnd I don't think she remarried. Daughter Lucy is showing as died in scarborough in 1994. I don't think she had any children, but would love to know.

Thank you
:-D

jax

jax Report 18 Apr 2014 22:17

Have you searched freebmd for any children?

If you mean illigitamate children that would be hard to tell

purchase the death cert to see who registered it

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 18 Apr 2014 22:22

Hi there,

They married in 1962. Aged 47. With her surname as wood, quite a few come up. :-D

Mike *

Mike * Report 18 Apr 2014 22:25

Did Lucy and Frank stay in Leeds ?

There are 2 children born after 1962 in Leeds with Harrison/Wood combination

Only the birth certificates would prove whether they are the right family

jax

jax Report 18 Apr 2014 22:29

Are you sure she is your Lucy?

jax

jax Report 18 Apr 2014 22:39

there are a couple of marriages for Harrison/Wood in Leeds around that time so those births probably belong to them if she was 47 when she married....but that doesnt mean she didn't have children before marriage

nuttybongo

nuttybongo Report 18 Apr 2014 22:40

William and Lucy ann fox were married and lived in hunslet Leeds, he died in the war, his daughter Lucy wood was born just before the war, William originally came from scholes near Rotherham. The marriage between Lucy wood was with frank Harrison, I understand from family that she married late in life, I do have her married name in one of my grans old address books. :-)