Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ELECTORAL ROLLS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colette

Colette Report 8 Jul 2014 10:54

Hi does anyone have access to Coventry Electoral Rolls.I am trying to trace the descendants of my Great Uncle who died in WW1, I have found his daughter she was born in 1908, and died a spinster in 1992, her address in 1975 phone book was 17 FINHAM GREEN ROAD COVENTRY, I wondered how long she had lived there and after her death who else lived there.
She had a sister who also remained a Spinster and wondered if both ladies lived together..names were Emily Doris May Pratt 1908 and sister Kathleen Edith Ann Pratt b 1916,I was thinking just because these ladies did not marry its not impossible one of them didn't have a child.
I have put Finham Green Rd Coventry in FMP'S Electoral Roll search and it comes up with nothing...these new searches are so annoying...

Thank you Colette..

Susan

Susan Report 8 Jul 2014 11:46

Do you have this Colette.

Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1910 about Emily Doris May Pratt
Name: Emily Doris May Pratt
Parish: Budbrooke
Baptism Date: 5 Jul 1908
Father's Name: Edward Joseph Pratt
Mother's name: Ellen Peatt

Ancestry ER only goes up to 1960 sorry,but I did see this.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2014 12:21

online searches on FMP are from 2002

for earlier rolls you would need to look at them at the local main library or records office for the area which are searchable by address only

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2014 12:24

Name: Kathleen Edith A Pratt
Birth Date: 29 Feb 1916
Date of Registration: Jan 1995
Age at Death: 78
Registration district: Coventry
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Register Number: E48A
District and Subdistrict: 0631E
Entry Number: 135

the cert should give her home address

Colette

Colette Report 8 Jul 2014 12:27

Thanks I have all the family details Edward is my WW1 RSM who died at the battle of the Menin Road 3rd Battle Of Ypres,for two years now I have got nowhere with his children 4 IN TOTAL..he was based at Budbrooke Barracks as he had been with the Royal Warwickshire Regiment since 1892,when he died he had done 25 years with the Regiment..the reason I don't know about his children is we lost connection with Warwickshire as my Great Grandfather ..Edward's brother moved away to Liverpool,so I never knew about Edward till I started researching over 15 years ago now..the two sisters never married and the other eldest sister Marjorie Ellen Pratt born 1905 I cannot trace a marriage for her there was one brother Charles Edward Pratt b 1906 he too has been impossible.

I have gone through other siblings of Edward to no avail even to the point of writing a letter to the Great Grand-daughter of Edwards wife's sister haaaaaaaaaaaa no reply..I have done so much research on him and the regiment I would love to see his face..I have contacted to Warwicks REG Museum they didn't help the first time so I have contacted them again, he fought in the Sudan War in 1898 he was a Colour Sergeant so he would stand out if he was on a photo,In WW1 he was the Sergeant Major with the 10th Battalion so again he would stand out..I live in hope.

thanks Colette

Colette

Colette Report 8 Jul 2014 12:57

All the children were born in Budbrooke Barracks.Edward's death was in the Newspaper 1917 so I know they lived at 3 King George Ave Foleshill back when they were children,I have just contacted the Herbert In Coventry were they keep Electoral Rolls fingers crossed...

Thank you all Colette

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 8 Jul 2014 13:50

First name(s) EMILY DORIS M
Last name PRATT
Gender Female
Birth day 23
Birth month 5
Birth year 1908
Age -
Death quarter 4
Death year 1992
District COVENTRY
Register number 1192
County Warwickshire
Volume 33
Page 248
Country England

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 8 Jul 2014 13:55

If either lady had a child, and didn't give it up, he or she may have registered his or her mother's death

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 8 Jul 2014 14:03

FMP's ER can only be searched by name

I don't think it was ever any different, but if I'm wrong, someone will surely say

Colette

Colette Report 8 Jul 2014 14:05

I think its worth buying the younger sister Kathleen's death cert, to see who registered her death..I hope its not a nursing home..

cheers Colette

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 8 Jul 2014 14:11

First name(s) MARJORIE ELLEN
Last name PRATT
Gender Female
Birth day 14
Birth month 2
Birth year 1905
Age -
Death quarter 4
Death year 1981
District WORTHING
County Sussex
Volume 18
Page 2273
Country England
Record set England & Wales deaths 1837-2007

this matches up with her birth registration on freebmd

Colette

Colette Report 21 Jul 2014 11:13

Thank you if it is her that means all 3 sisters never wed,no wonder there is nobody out there doing this family history,wonder why she ended up in Sussex,I had seen that registration but wasn't sure.

Thanks again and sorry its taken a while I have had a bad back..

Colxx

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 21 Jul 2014 12:36

I can sympathise - I have spine problems

hope you recover soon