Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

American Air Force Manston 1950s

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karla

Karla Report 8 Jul 2014 20:44

So I've had great success with genes reunited and the whole family tree thing, but feel I need a little help or ideas for my next step!

So to cut the long story short my Dad born in 1955 in Kent was adopted at a young age, I traced his birth mother back in 2008 whom had emigrated to Australia. Unfortunately she had passed a few years before our contact was made! But we were welcome with open arms from the rest of our Australian family, included my Dads stepdad who was over 90 years of age. Dad was made up that he had found his mothers family including 2 living brothers and a Sister whom we all have contact with, We've even flown to meet! %3A-%29

We heard from the family how Dads mother had an affair, gave birth to my Dad who is of colouring and was put up for adoption soon after, obviously this was hard on all parties.

I contacted Barnardos for the adoption records and we found out more information that could lead us to Dads Father...

Janet Ireland Webster Fagg (nee waters) left her family in 1953 and went into lodgings at 22 Stephens Walk and worked at a Bakery locally, It was here that her and Work colleagues arranged a night out in Ramsgate, it would be here where she would meet my dads Father.. She met with him on several occasions He was Based at Manston Air Base and served in the American Air Force! The name that appears in the Records is William Stephens it states he would be around 20 years of age.. Apparently he went back to USA shortly after my Dads birth in May 1955.

My grandma reconciled with her husband and Dad was put into Barnardos Care!

I cant seem to find much on William? Obviously as my Dad has some colouring to him i'm guessing his dad would of been coloured as his mother is white!

If anyone can point me in a good direction or help me that would be great!thank you very much
karla

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 8 Jul 2014 21:27

If anyone can help then they will post information on one thread but you have posted a duplicate.

Karla

Karla Report 8 Jul 2014 21:34

whoooppsss thank you I have deleted the other post!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jul 2014 23:19

There is a section on the following link about trying to contact US personnel.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/locatorservices/a/millocate.htm

Karla

Karla Report 8 Jul 2014 23:23

Thank you.