Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

REGNARLD ABERT GREEN

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

[C.H]

[C.H] Report 6 Oct 2014 21:46

I CAN ANY ONE HELP I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON MY DAD I KNOW WHEN HE WAS BORN I KNOW WHEN HE GOT MARRIED I KNOW WHEN HE WENT INTO THE [RAF] I KNOW WHEN HE DIED WHAT I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE WAS WHAT HE DID INBETWEEN THE TIME OF 1908 TO 1930 WHEN HE MARRIED ] +WHAT HE DUNE BETWEEN 1930 TO 1940 HAVE LOOK ASKED FAMILY BUT NO ONE SEAMES TO KNOW I CANT FIND ANTHING ABOUT HIM OR WHAT HE DID WHAT WORK HE DONE WHERE HE WORKED THINGS JUST BAFFLE ME SO IF ANY ONE CAN TAKE A LOOK FOR ME AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN FIND ,
I WOULD BE GREAT FULL KINDS REGARDS [CH]

[C.H]

[C.H] Report 6 Oct 2014 21:50

WHO SORRY FOR GOT THE DATES HE WAS BORN 27 SEP 1908 MARRIED MAY 1930 RAF 1940 DIED 1955 AGE 46 THANKS [CH]

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Oct 2014 21:53

CH, will you not type in all capitals? it is very difficult for others to read.

you know all these things but we have no idea

when and where did he marry, when and where did he die?

... edited, okay we have dates but not places ...

Births Dec 1908 ?
Green Reginald Albert Birmingham 6d 109

this is the closest match I see in the 1911 census, are these his parents?

edit - not the right ones, I'll just leave this here to show he is ruled out

William Robert Green 38 father
Ellen Green 31 mother
Nellie Green 8
William Thomas Green 5
Reginald Green 3
William Thomas Sanders 35

there is not going to be anything much that anyone can find for you after 1911

if you get his marriage certificate it will tell you what his occupation was at the time

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 6 Oct 2014 22:02

Buy a copy of his marriage cert, to find out if he was employed at the time

His death cert will record his last occupation.

His occupation when you were born will be on your birth cert, and on those of your siblings, if you have any

No-one on here is likely to be able to find anything.

Have you looked to see if he is in anyone's tree apart from yours?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 6 Oct 2014 22:08

First name(s) REGINALD A
Last name GREEN
Gender Male
Birth day -
Birth month -
Birth year 1909
Age 46
Death quarter 1
Death year 1955
District BRIDGEND
County Glamorganshire
Volume 8B
Page 104

First name(s) REGINALD A
Last name GREEN
Marriage quarter 2
Marriage year 1930
Registration month -
MarriageFinderâ„¢ REGINALD A GREEN married
MARY P EDWARDS
Spouse's last name EDWARDS
District MERTHYR TYDFIL

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 6 Oct 2014 22:19

The child would have been aged two when 1911 census was taken

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Oct 2014 22:35

so I guess it would have helped to know WALES ... I did that searching w/o having the date of birth and marriage and death details etc that were added after

of course I had already advised to get the marriage certificate ....

I am still not seeing a birth of a Reginald Albert Green to match, or a Reginald Green in the 1911 census to match

maybe if CH would care to tell us his parents' names ...

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Oct 2014 00:21

Actually, the birth date of 1909 on the death certificate is only the date known by the informant ................ it could well be wrong!

C.H. does state 1908 unequivocally in both the OP and the second post ................... I'd be tempted to take that over a year given by an unknown (to us) informant,

So that would make him 3 in the 1911 Census

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Oct 2014 00:22

I find the same possible birth registration that JoonieC did ...............

Births Dec 1908 (>99%)

Green Reginald Albert Birmingham 6d 109

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Oct 2014 00:26

IF he married in May 1930 .................

one of these two registrations in the June quarter 1930 is a possible marriage for him

Marriages Jun 1930 (>99%)
GREEN Reginald A Edwards Merthyr T 11a 1588
GREEN Reginald A Maisey Cheltenham 6a 1091

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Oct 2014 00:36

several Public Family Trees (including C.H.'s) have the following .............

Reginald Albert Green
Birth 1908 in Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Death 04 MAR 1955 in Llanharan, Glamorgan, Wales

Marriage to Mary Priscilla Edwards
1930 Jun — Age: 22
Merthyr Tidfil District, Glamorgan, Wales, UK

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Oct 2014 00:38

I think Jacqueline is right on the 1911 census age though ... born sept 1908 = aged 2 in spring 1911

the year in the death record is calculated from age (not as apparent as in the Ancestry format, should say 'approx') as it was before 1969

but still no other birth record to match and nothing else appearing in 1911 census

CH if you do not have your parents' marriage certificate after all this time and you want to know more about them at the time they married, there is nothing else for it but to buy the certificate

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Oct 2014 00:43

and here he is in 1911

Name: Beggenell Green [Reggenall Green]
Age in 1911: 2 6/12
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1908
Relation to Head: Son
Birth Place: Birmingham, Birmingham
Civil Parish: Birmingham
County/Island: Warwickshire
Street address: 56 Key Hill Hockley Birmingham
Registration district: Birmingham

William Green 45
Blanch Green 32
Edith Green 10
Mary Green 8
William Green 5
Beggenell Green 2 6/12
Alfred Knowls 23

two and a half years old (calculated by Ancestry to be 1909)

someone has corrected the name to REGGENALL because that's what the image says and noted that it is really Reginald ... needs another correction :-)

since the request was about from birth to marriage, it seemed to me that the 1911 census was relevant, since it shows that he lived, at least as a child, in Birmingham, although he married in Wales ... so where he was as a youth and young man could have been either place, we don't know ...

mgnv

mgnv Report 7 Oct 2014 05:16

In 1911, Blanche has been wed for 1y, so:

Marriages Sep 1909 (>99%)
GREEN William James Birkenhead 8a 1067

Cheshire Marriage indexes for the years: 1909
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
GREEN William James KIRBY Blanche Tranmere, St Catherine Wirral BK16/4/230

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 7 Oct 2014 10:29

The request seems to be only for info about this man from his birth until 1940, although no indication is given as to whether the names of his parents etc are already known, or are being sought

Certs are the way to find out where he was living, and what he did by way of an occupation before joining the RAF

As far as I can deduce, CH was born whilst his father was serving in the RAF

mgnv

mgnv Report 7 Oct 2014 22:45

I would presume Reg wasn't living independent of his parents until just before, or when, he wed Mary, so it's probably a question of tracking his parents thru 1930, and the only way I see of doing this is by the birth of later kids, or by the electoral rolls, which can also be used for Reg after he's 21:
http://nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/electoral-registration.htm

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Oct 2014 00:47

CH's birth was registered in March 1943 .................. so he was born late 1942 / early 1943 ...................

so, yes, during his father's RAF service.

but so were several siblings.

There were 5 children registered to the family from Mar quart 1940 to Mar quart 1946 ...................... which implies that father was never away from the family for very long, ie did not serve overseas.

[C.H]

[C.H] Report 17 Oct 2014 20:39

HI SORRY
right my dad [A
Reginald albert green [b]27september 1908 key hill Birmingham
Married 30 may 1930 Merthyr Tydfil died 04 march 1955 age 46 Llanharan south wales that is where I was born on his death cert only told me the work he was in up to his death,.
but on his marriage cert it said he was a master hair dresser but don't know how long he done that for don't know what school he went to don't if he went to collage ? his life and where about from school leveeing to 1940 that's it
sorry if I upset any one but I do my best to answer what you ask me being coming up73 so not good at this thing [ch]

[C.H]

[C.H] Report 17 Oct 2014 21:42

Hi just looking at my dads [R.A.F.] records of 1940 he put down is occupation was a general labourer] on his marriage cert says he was married 24/05/1930
and yes I was born when he was in the r.a.f he was stationed in I.R.G UXBRIDGE] print on form not that good he then moved to wales where he was until he left the RAF as he was living in wales at time of join the RAF yes I am one of 14 children no telly's in them days ha
his father died 1918 mother died 1929 one year before he marred my mam
I have a cousin who knows all the details of my dad but he wont tell me anything so this is the only way I can find out about his ware about from school to 1940 where his mam died in Llanharan about six doors away from where he was living in the same street so he must have been living in wales and moved in there about 1930
but where he was from school age to him laving school what school he went to that is the big miss try???? [ch] :-) :-(

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Oct 2014 21:39

CH the problem is there are very few records to show what schools or colleges people went to or what their occupation was between school and when they got married. If they are under 21 ( voting age back then ) they won't be on electoral rolls either.

For example I only know what school my mum went to in 1930 and what her jobs were in the 30's and 40s from what she told me, there is literally no way I could find that information from records.

Perhaps you can make a guess at a school or schools that he 'might' have gone to, given the location details you have , and see if the school has any records online?