Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Slocombe family line

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mary

mary Report 15 Nov 2014 05:39

My Slocombe line traces to Oldwood hamlet of wedmore in somerset county england. I have 3 great grandparents John Slocombe(1830-1877) who marries second Mary Ann Davis and has seven children most who imgrate after his death in 1877. Now John was the son of John Henry Slocombe (1795-1844)and Mary Avery, had several sisters, Jane Slocombe who marries William Whitehead, Hannah Slocombe who marries Couzzen, Sarah Slocombe who marries John Day, Bestey Slocombe who marries a Wilcox. John Henry Slocombe father is John Slocombe born 1753 and dies 1839 whose wife I have as Jane Farley.

Anyone else have a connection, I have several birth, marriage, and death certificates.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Nov 2014 07:07

Mary

to find a connection you HAVE to search the trees on here yourself

it is very unlikely that anyone with a connection will just happen by .............

I once estimated that less than 1% of the members of GR come near these Boards.

To search member trees .................

Search at top right of this page

Click on it

Click on Search All Member Trees

If you see a connection, click on the member name and send a pm (private message)

Good luck

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Nov 2014 11:45

Name: John Slocombe
Christening Date: 25 Feb 1795
Christening Place: WEDMORE,SOMERSET,ENGLAND
Father's Name: John Slocombe
Mother's Name: Jane
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: P00258-1 , System Origin: England-ODM , GS Film number: 481065

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Nov 2014 11:46

Name: John Slocomb
Christening Date: 25 Feb 1795
Christening Place: Wedmore, Somerset, England
Father's Name: John Slocomb
Mother's Name: June Slocomb
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I07097-4 , System Origin: England-EASy , GS Film number: 1471170 , Reference ID: item 13-15

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Nov 2014 13:14

Jonas Slocum/Slocombe, born in Wedmore?, Somerset, England in December of 1862, died in Aurelius, Cayuga, New York in 1942. Jonas married Rose Wilson in October 1883, in Aurelius, Cayuga, New York.

Jonas was the son of John Slocombe and Mary Ann Avery. He was one of atleast 7 children born to John and Mary. Siblings are:
John b. 1855 in Somerset, England
Sarah Jane b. 1858 in Somerset, England
Ellen b. 1860 in Somerset, England; and died in 1862 in Somerset, England
Jonas
Henry b. 1865 in Somerset, England; and died October 14, 1921 in Brutus, NY
Absalom b. 1868 in Somerset, England; and I believe he died in 1883 in Axbridge, Somerset, England
Ellen "Nellie" b. June 1870 in Somerset, England

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Nov 2014 13:14

Jonas's mothers maiden name is davis

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Nov 2014 13:28

marriages 1747 Somerset

Edward Slocombe & Joan Barnstable, lie.

John Slocombe & Joan Brice

Full text of "Somerset parish registers. Marriages"

archive.org/stream/somersetparishre10phil/somersetparishre10phil...

Full text of "Somerset parish registers. Marriages"

mary

mary Report 15 Nov 2014 16:39

Thanks for the help.