Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Teresa Huskisson's grave number.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 19 Nov 2014 15:24

UPDATE>>>>Teresa's sister Margaret who is age 80 yrs is looking for her sister's grave in : West Derby Cem Liverpool as she has forgotten were it is and wants her ashes to go in with her... Teresa died on the 7th March 1975 , we have been in touch with Cem and they say she needs to write in, i wonder if anyone on here as the facility and time to have a look for her please ?

Thanks Folks

Joanie

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 19 Nov 2014 15:45

Hi Joanie, do you know which church it was in west derby that Teresa was buried at.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Nov 2014 15:46

If the cemetery say they require a written request, that will surely apply to everyone

The sensible thing would be to write...........and have official written confirmation when they reply

For the cost of a postage stamp, the query will be resolved....

Sylvia

It is obviously the municipal cemetery

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Nov 2014 15:46

Question - are the general public allowed to view the burial register?
I'd imagine that the cemetery is quite a large one making looking for a particular grave rather a daunting task.

It really would be best if (corrected to -) Margaret or a relative were to write in. There may be complications such as needing the permission of the 'owners' of the plot ie the named purchaser or their immediate descendents. The council/cemetery dept can give you/her guidance.

Do bear in mind that certain graves will be reused. It does depend how long the plot was leased, or if it was purchased out-right.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 19 Nov 2014 16:00

I can not find anything on lancs opc Joanie. I found the death and it was spelt Tereasa. Could someone write on behalf of Margaret and enquire that way.

Sylvia

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 19 Nov 2014 16:09

thanks Jacqueline for pointing that out

Joanie

Joanie Report 19 Nov 2014 16:54

We are writing and i believe there is a cost, but i thought if someone had the facility on here to help then i would ask.
As i looked and found some once on Ancestry ( when i had it ) and took pics of grave for overseas requesters.

West Derby is a Cem not a graveyard too big for me to search by foot.

Thank you to all who tried to help..

Joanie

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Nov 2014 08:28

If it's a municipal cemetery then the Parks and Cemeteries dept of the local Council will have the grave ref

I recently enquired about our grandparents grave in SE London and explained that my late brother had wanted to be buried with his grandparents .they gave me the details and who the grave current lease holder is . In our case it was my aunt who died in 2008 You do need the consent of the grave lease holder to open it for any burials including ashes and there is a charge .

Our brother was cremated so it is his ashes his wife wanted to have put with grandparents .

Joanie

Joanie Report 20 Nov 2014 09:37

Thank you Shirley, we have wrote to them.x

Joanie

Joanie Report 26 Nov 2014 22:40

UPDATE : The reply says as it was a paupers grave, we need to give them the plot number, so we are back to square one. I will go next week and see if i can find the small stone Teresa's family put down at the time. Joanie x :-(