Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

corbridge norfolk

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 8 Dec 2014 21:49

an information on any member of the Corbridge family who died in Norfolk (Pouringland) and then their cremated remains were transferred to Warrington Cheshire and interred in Warrington cemetery ..
the last interment was this year ..

the grave is the resting place of my uncle ..and his family so the Corbridges must be related to this branch of the Price family ..I have tried in the past to get info ..but no luck ..
I am trying again as the last interment as I have said was this year

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Dec 2014 22:11

This is previous thread on subject

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1262058

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Dec 2014 22:15

Keith

as PH says, we need dates and names to really help

But, as you no doubt know, we are all members who like to help others ...............

the chance of someone actually knowing the details of these events just happening by is almost infinitesimal!

I do have to say that if your uncle's family still owns that grave, then one of them must have been contacted to give permission for the grave to be opened and ashes interred in there. They would therefore have knowledge of why it happened

Have you been in contact with the family???

The other possibility is that your uncle's family no longer owns that grave, and therefore it was available for use.

Ownership of a grave is not permanent ................. it may be for 20, 30 or 50 years

.................... you would have to ask the owners of the Warrington Cemetery what their policy is ..... presumably that would be Warrington Corporation!

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 9 Dec 2014 11:51

Name: Mary Price
Spouse Surname: Corbridge
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1922
Registration district: Wandsworth
Inferred County: Surrey
Volume Number: 1d
Page Number: 1337
Find Spouse: William Corbridge

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 9 Dec 2014 11:56

Name: Mary Corbridge
Mother's Maiden Surname: Price
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1926
Inferred County: London
Page Number: 981

Name: Robert J Corbridge
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1923
Page Number: 1185

Name: Monica Corbridge
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1928
Page Number: 951

One of the daughters married for the second time in Norwich. Perhaps her mother moved there to be closer to her daughter.

Keith

Keith Report 9 Dec 2014 12:15

thank for replys .the previous post is for a Mary Corbridge who died in Norfolk and her ashes interred in Warrington in 1999. she is the wife of my great uncle William ..
this Mary Corbridge is a different Mary she died in 2013 and her ashes were interred in Warrington a year later in 2014 (this year) ..
I don't think she was married as she is described as a miss.. I have her death date the name of the nursing home she was resident in when she died and also the funeral director all in Pouringland Norfolk ..
it is not appropriate to ask the nursing home any questions as they cannot tell me anything because they are not allowed to reveal any personal details ...
it does not seem right to ask the funeral director ...
I had given up on this side of the family and to my surprise when visiting the cemetery I could see the grave had been opened ..
this has set me wondering why they all came back to Warrington to be buried ..as they all died miles away in London... Pouringland ect
appeal in local paper for family members to contact me had no replys

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 9 Dec 2014 12:30

What age was the second Mary please? Was she the daughter of William Corbridge and Mary Price? They had a daughter Mary whose birth was registered in the first quarter of 1926 (as posted above).

Keith

Keith Report 9 Dec 2014 12:35

I do not know if she was their daughter or not it is probable but I cannot prove it..
it is really a puzzle as to why they are all brought back to Warrington to be buried the tie to Warrington must be strong ..but I cannot find any Corbridges in Warrington ..re age of second Mary she was approx. 97 when she died in 2013..
I will have to research more but have no idea where to go from here

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 9 Dec 2014 13:01

Well the daughter Mary would have been 87 if she had died in 2013.

I think this is the death of Monica's first husband.

Name: Walter William Lacon
Birth Date: 27 Jul 1906
Date of Registration: Jun 1974
Age at Death: 67
Registration district: Norwich
Inferred County: Norfolk
Volume: 10
Page: 1595

She married again in Norfolk, so perhaps you need to try to track her down to find out why her mother and maybe her sister wanted their ashes in Warrington.

Perhaps you need the 2013 death certificate to checkout the name and address of the informant.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 9 Dec 2014 13:08

Will send a PM with more info on Monica.

Keith

Keith Report 9 Dec 2014 13:13

rootgather thank you very much

Keith

Keith Report 9 Dec 2014 13:14

where in Norfolk do I apply for a dearth certificate

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 9 Dec 2014 13:25

Mary Corbridge left a will.

Probate number Date of death Document type Registry

CORBRIDGE MARY 02 June 1997 9751509422 04 April 1997 Grant and will Ipswich

So did her daughter?

Probate number Date of death Document type Registry

CORBRIDGE MARY 22 January 2014 4246414 01 August 2013 Grant and will Ipswich

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 9 Dec 2014 13:29

Would you not be able to get the death certificate from the GRO?

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 9 Dec 2014 13:35

Son of Mary Corbridge nee Price.

Name: Robert J Corbridge
Spouse Surname: Surtees
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1944
Registration district: Watford
Inferred County: Hertfordshire
Volume Number: 3a
Page Number: 2699

Looks like he may have moved to Norfolk too and had three sons.

At least one of his sons is on the 2014 ER. See 192.com

Keith

Keith Report 9 Dec 2014 18:37

rootgatherer are you able to see wills is there a site for this or a place you can apply to or are wills private until a certain time has passed..... I will try the Warrington Cematery office re owner of burial plot ..no idea if this information is private but I will give it a try ..thanks for your help .

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Dec 2014 20:57

You can purchase a copy of the Will and Grant for £10 on the following link
http://goo.gl/ScdIfR

Home page to repeat the search (use Advance Search)
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

(post edited as rootgather had already posted the details)

Keith

Keith Report 9 Dec 2014 20:58

detective many thanks I will purchase a copy

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Dec 2014 21:09

In answer to the availability of Wills

Not all Estates go to Probate. If it does, then it is in the public domain. (there may be a few exceptions such as the Royal Family)

The Government Probate site linked above lists entries in the Probate Calender 1996-2014 and hopes to include all earlier entries.
Currently Ancestry hosts the Probate Calendar entries 1858-1966. There is an on-line black hole for 1967-1995!

Any names, apart from the deceased, are those of the Executors/Administrators and not necessarily beneficiaries. You need a copy of the Will/Letters of Administration to see those.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Dec 2014 21:18

As an example - the entry for Margaret Hilda Thatcher 13 October 1925 – 8 April 2013, Conservative Prime Minister 4 May 1979 – 28 November 1990

http://goo.gl/AO6CR7