Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Arnold H Neale

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jan 2015 15:13

I am trying to find out what happened to the above relation. He was born in Wallasey in 1945 and lived at 62 Martins Lane Wallasey CH44 1BN. He was related through my father and we exchanged Christmas cards. I haven't received a Christmas card for the last two years and this year my card was returned with DECEASED! marked on it. He was a church organist and I would like to know what has happened to him.
Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks Margaret Shuttleworth

Choccy

Choccy Report 5 Jan 2015 15:22

could this be him?

There's an Arnold Holbrook Neale who died on the 15th December 2013

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jan 2015 15:30

Thank you very much. That is the one. Do you know if I can find out where he died and where his is buried please

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jan 2015 15:32

Sorry I should have answered this generally and not just to Choccy. This is my relation and now I am trying to find where he died, what from, and where he is buried. Thank you very much

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jan 2015 15:52

Try the local newspaper for the area of his last address

Or contact the church where he was the organist, if you know which one it was.

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jan 2015 15:54

Thank you. Unfortunately I don't know which church

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jan 2015 15:55

Found by googling the name. Always worth a shot!

NEALE ARNOLD (ARNIE) 15.12.2013 Will be sadly missed by all family and friends. Cremation at Landican Crematorium on Monday February 10th at 1.00pm followed by a service of thanksgiving at Wallasey Village United Reformed Church at 1.45pm. No flowers by request, donations if desired to Wallasey Village United Reformed Church to support the work of the Cheshire Cats. c/o John W Griffith & Son Millbank Funeral Home, Mill Lane, Wallasey. Tel: 0151 638 5528.

Choccy

Choccy Report 5 Jan 2015 17:18

Thanks Jacqueline :-)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jan 2015 17:27

:-)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jan 2015 22:10

A pity Margaret didn't hang around for just one minute

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Jan 2015 22:55

thank you

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 6 Jan 2015 23:19

Rather a long time before the cremation.

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Jan 2015 23:48

Yes that is what I am trying to investigate. I have e-mailed the church but have not had a reply. Wondering whether it was not a normal death, as I know he was well

Choccy

Choccy Report 7 Jan 2015 08:13

this is a link to more information about Arnold Neale and his subsequent death -

http://www.thecheshirecats.co.uk/wordpress/?page_id=62

Margaret - it might be worth telephoning the Funeral directors.

greyghost

greyghost Report 7 Jan 2015 11:35

It may be worth having a read of this article. If he was well and died suddenly, the cause would have to be investigated. If you only exchanged Christmas cards, then he may have been ill and you didn't know, but the death may still have had to have been investigated for one of the reasons given.

What to do after someone dies - GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/when-a-death-is-reported-to-a-coroner
Find out more about cookies ... cause of death is unknown; death was violent or unnatural; death was sudden and unexplained; person who died was not visited by a medical practitioner ... In this case: ... The coroner will release the body for a funeral once they have completed the post-mortem ... Services and information.

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Jan 2015 12:36

Thank you all. My computer has been down hence the delay in replying. I have already tried Cheshire cats but can't get into their website

Choccy

Choccy Report 9 Jan 2015 12:46

Have you tried ringing the funeral directors - they may be able to point you in the right direction?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Jan 2015 12:48

the delay was almost certainly due to the need for an inquest.

You know he was 'well' the last time you were in contact, which was three years ago........at least....from what you wrote in your opening post

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Jan 2015 13:08

Thank you all for your help and I have finally got to the bottom of it. I rang the funeral directors who gave me the name of the executor, who was the minister of the church where Arnie was organist. Apparently after him not turning up for church they went to the house and got the police to break in. He was found dead, and the cause after a post mortem was an embolism. Hence the long delay before the funeral. I can rest now knowing he was not murdered or anything nasty.

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Feb 2015 17:02

I refer to my request subject Gov.UK and have come back to my original request as you requested.
I registered and paid £10.00 to Gov.UK probatesearch for a copy of Arnold Neale's will on 5th January 2015 and was told I would receive a copy in approx. ten working days. I am still waiting and wondering if this is a genuine site. I have tried to reply to their e-mails and they are all returned.