Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

latta in ayrshire, scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 27 Jan 2015 15:40

is anyone tracing the latta family in Ayrshire scotland

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Jan 2015 15:52

If they are, and have trees on GR, you will be able to make connections by looking in 'search all member trees' which you can access by clicking on the search button at top right

You can send a message to anyone who has the same name(s) etc as you by clicking on find out more

Make sure you have your tree on here so that anyone interested can contact you if they wish, and keep GR updated with any changes to your e-mail, so that chances of contact won't be missed.

If you want any help from other members, give some details

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Jan 2015 15:57

I saw this David in your tree..................he is also in at least one other tree

1881 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
88, Titchfield Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Robert Latta Head Married Male 39 1842 Scotch Carpet Weaver Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland Transcription
Margaret Latta Wife Married Female 38 1843 - Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland Transcription
William Latta Son - Male 12 1869 Scholar Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland Transcription
John Latta Son Unmarried Male 17 1864 Watch Maker Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland Transcription
Janet Latta Daughter - Female 9 1872 Scholar Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland Transcription
Margaret Latta Daughter - Female 3 1878 - Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland Transcription
David Latta Son - Male 1 1880 - Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland Transcription
David Gibson Nephew - Male 11 1870 Scholar Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland Transcription

malyon

malyon Report 27 Jan 2015 16:40

hi this looks like mother margaret maiden name brown

Name: Janet Lindsay Latta
Birth Date: 17 May 1871
Birthplace: KILMARNOCK,AYR,SCOTLAND
Father's Name: Robert Latta
Mother's Name: Margaret Brown

malyon

malyon Report 27 Jan 2015 16:42

Name: William Latta
Birth Date: 04 Apr 1869

from Scotland, Births and Baptisms
Name: Robert Latta
Birth Date: 11 Jul 1874

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 27 Jan 2015 18:16

Teresa, if you are looking for others researching your family, then there is little hope of those researchers seeing this thread. You would be best to use the search trees facility to find others and actively contact them.

If you have a specific question then the helpers on here may be able to assist but you should give as much information as you have rather than helpers providing details you already have.

Good luck with your research.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 28 Jan 2015 13:32

Hello Teresa and welcome to the Community boards.

(I'll let Teresa know how to find her replies) :-)

Teresa

Teresa Report 28 Jan 2015 15:39

thanks folks. the names and details above I'm sure are definitely in my tree. i'll have a wee look round and check if I've made my tree public etc

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Jan 2015 16:14

You can't make your tree 'public' on GR

Do you want help? Or are you OK without any?