Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Annie's maiden name

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 24 Feb 2015 15:41

Hello every one can you please help? I will try to explain but is all a bit complicated.I need to find Annie's maiden name.I know I have the option of sending for two BMD certs but therin lies my problem.
James Albert Hart was born in 1842 in Berkshire,the illegitimate son of Hannah Hatter (Hart was her stepfather's name,she herself was illegitimate)
Hannah married a James Higgs in 1843 and died in 1851.
In 1851 James A Hart was living with stepfather James Higgs.He then disappears until 1901 and then appears in Essex as James Higgs with wife Annie born 1863 in Lambeth and sons James 1886 and Edward 1891 both born in Bromley Middlesex.
1911 sees the family,minus Edward,in Poplar.

Can anyone find the BMD Index for the marriage of James and Annie/Ann c1884. or the BMD index for the birth of James Hart Higgs c1886 in Bromley/Poplar

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Feb 2015 15:49

In 1911 they claim to have been married for 27 years, but they may not, of course, have married at all

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Feb 2015 15:54

???????

1871 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
East Street, St George, St Saviour Southwark, London, England

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
James Higgs Head - Male 30 1841 - Berkshire, England Transcription Railway Signalman
Mary Higgs Wife - Female 30 1841 - Middlesex, England Transcription
James Higgs Son - Male 1 1870 - Surrey, England

Wendy

Wendy Report 24 Feb 2015 15:58

Thanks Jacqueline but that is a different James.Still a part of my tree ,just not the one I am looking for.I realise that perhaps they didn't marry so that just leaves the birth certificate.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Feb 2015 15:59

Only two marriages on freebmd for James Albert Higgs.........neither is relevant

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Feb 2015 16:04

I can't even see a death registration for Edward

and certainly no birth for either him or his brother

Wendy

Wendy Report 24 Feb 2015 16:12

It is so frustrating !!!! I have been searching for Annie on and off for almost ten years.