Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James holloway brown 1863

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi

Naomi Report 27 Mar 2015 09:12

Born James Brown in 1863 in Bexley. Died 1922 in Hackney. Mother Caroline Brown born c1838. Later changed his name to Holloway or Holloway Brown. He had an Oil and Paint shop in Chatsworth Road Hackney. Married Sarah Ann Davey in 1888 in Deptford.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Mar 2015 09:18

Do you have a question?

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 27 Mar 2015 09:28

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1319687

(relating?)

Chris :)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Mar 2015 09:30

Thanks Chris............I do wish people wouldn't!

Naomi

Naomi Report 27 Mar 2015 10:24

I'm so sorry I didn't mean to cause a problem. I thought I had put all the relevant details on. I obviously didn't so I can only apologise and hope I haven't annoyed you too much.
I only put this post on again because I have made no headway in finding my Great Grandfather James birthdate.

Dea

Dea Report 27 Mar 2015 10:53

Not to worry Naomi but please learn from this as people quite rightly get annoyed if you start another thread on the same person.

What then happens is that we all waste our time looking for info which has already been found and posted on the other thread.

If you are needing more help just go to the old thread and add to it asking for the extra info you would like to find and this will then take the thread back up to the top of the board to be looked at again by the helpers.

All the info already found will then be there all together for us to see and we can get on with looking to find more for you if we can.

To find your old thread just click om 'my threads' under 'tools' to the left of the board and it will bring up a list of all the threads you have ever started or posted on. - Click on it to open and add your message in the reply box at the bottom.

Best wishes,

Dea x