Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Italy Families

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Mar 2015 16:09

Please can anyone help with finding this Italian family. Francesco Britti born in Italy but not sure about year. He died about 1981. He married Vera Bianchi (also spelt Bianco) He had a sister called Gelsomino Britti. He did serve in the His wife Vera was from the Pico Frosinone Lazio Region. Thank you. Kind Regards Pam

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Mar 2015 16:11

correction.Sorry should also have said He did serve in the Military

Gee

Gee Report 27 Mar 2015 16:18

Do you know where he died, his wife too?

Did they have children

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Mar 2015 17:07

Served in the military.....when?

How do you connect with them?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 Mar 2015 17:10

Did the family live only in Italy?

First name(s) Francesco
Last name Britti
Sex Male
Age 20y
Birth year 1886
Nationality Italy, Italian, South
Birth place -
Residence Bocchigliero
Departure port Naples
Arrival year 1906
Arrival place New York
Ship name Indiana
Country United States
Record set New York City Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Category Travel & migration

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Mar 2015 17:24

Thank you for your prompt replies. Francesco and Vera had 3 sons Armando. Aldo and Claudio. Armando married Carmela Sansoned. Will try to confirm where Francesco and Vera died on next post Many Thanks Pam

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 27 Mar 2015 17:27

most Bianchi's appear to come from the same place

Name: Bianchi
Event Type: Baptism
Event Date: 22 Aug 1889
Event Place: Santo Stefano, Mori, Trento, Italy
Birth Date: 22 Aug 1889
Father's Name: Giovanni Bianchi
Mother's Name: Cattarina
Page: 111

GS Film Number: 1329942 , Digital Folder Number: 004046908 , Image Number: 02165

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Mar 2015 18:13

Thank you for info on Bianchi family. I can now confirm that Francesco Britti died in Italy about 1981 and his wife Vera died in Italy just a few months ago . Francesco Britti was a prisoner of war in Russia WW2 Thanks to everyone helping.

Pamela

Pamela Report 28 Mar 2015 08:24

Hi again. A bit more info for Francesco Britti His actual date of birth in Italy was 23rd February 1915 and he died in Italy on 18th November 1981. I don't have any copies of the certificates so do not know names of his Parents. My good friend is the Grandaughter of Francesco and we are working on this together as my friend is not fluent in English. Hope we can work back from Francesco. There are lots of Britti travelling on Passenger ships to America etc but don't know yet if any are for this tree. Francesco did have maybe up to 10 siblings. Many thanks to everyone helping. Francesco was from the Abruzzo region in the city of Pescara. Kind Regards Pam

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 28 Mar 2015 09:56

Found by googling

http://www.italyfreebmd.org/

http://www.italygen.com/vitalrecords/

http://www.myitalianfamily.com/

Pamela

Pamela Report 28 Mar 2015 11:59

thanks for google links Pam

Pamela

Pamela Report 7 May 2015 11:12

I am still having difficulty finding some of the 12 children of Raffaele Tommaso Britti born about 1864 Pescara Abbruzzo Italy.and married to Giovina Savini The one I cant find any records on is Franco Britti born 23rd February 1915 Italy and he died on 18th November 1981. in Italy One of his brothers was Domenico Britti born 1899 Italy and another brother was Liberato born 2nd July 1898 Italy. they had a sister called Angela Maria Britti born 5th August 1901 Italy. Any help in finding info on Franco Britti would be much appreciated Thank you Kind regards Pam