Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Post Office Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 10 May 2015 14:16

I would be grateful if someone who has Ancestry could give me the details from the PO Records of Mrs Sarah Renwick appointed 1949 Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Thank You

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 10 May 2015 14:31

The only extra info on the original was that she was a cleaner.

Mrs Sarah Renwick

in the British Postal Service Appointment Books, 1737-1969
Record Image View

Name: Mrs Sarah Renwick
Date Appointed: Jan 1949
Place Appointed: Newcastle On Tyne

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 10 May 2015 14:38

Thank you Margee...Very kind of you .
Was hoping it would have given details of her previous service during WW1 under her maiden name of Sarah Reay (couldn't see that on the list)....She was the first Postwoman appointed in Wallsend Northumberland and was presented with a beautiful Silver Teapot inscribed "On the occasion of your Wedding November 21st.1917 from the Postmaster and Staff Wallsend .

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 10 May 2015 16:29

Any good?

Name: Sarah A Reay
Date Appointed: Jul 1898
Place Appointed: Penrith

Position: SC&T

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 10 May 2015 16:42

Thank You Rootgatherer
Sarah wasn't born until 1898 (Wallsend) so I ruled that one out..she obviously was appointed sometime at the beginning of WW1 but seems to have slipped through the net in terms of Documentation.