Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family of John CRAIG and Janet WILSON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 25 Aug 2015 06:17

After much time and searching I am finally getting my tree sorted. I am now looking for the names and birth dates of the children of John CRAIG and Janet WILSON.
I believe they had 6 children between the years of 1 Jan 1791 and 31 Dec 1808. They were married in 1791
The names I have are:
Isabel (Isabella) CRAIG b. 08 May 1806 Christened 22 May 1806 and
Eliazabeth CRAIG b. 3 May 1808 and Christened 26 May 1808

Can anyone help me find the other four.:)
Many thanks.

Gritty

Gritty Report 25 Aug 2015 06:32

Have you looked on Scotlandspeople?

OPR Births & Baptisms Search:

Margaret 1791 Newton, Midlothian
James 1794 Newton, Midlothian
John 1795 Newton, Midlothian
Magdalene 1804 Newton, Midlothian

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 25 Aug 2015 07:26

Thanks for that Gritty :-)

Yes I had been looking on Scotlandspeople but after spending over NZ $40 I had to call a halt for the time being. It was getting addictive!!!

If anyone has a spare 1 credit though to get the birth dates I would appreciate it.

In the meantime happy researching. :)

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 25 Aug 2015 08:54

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1352980

(does above relate in this, somewhere!?)

Chris :)

(ArgyllGran Report 29 Jun 2015 18:05

16/08/1827 CRAIG ISABEL JAMES KING/FR1509 (FR1509) F NEWTON /MIDLOTHIAN 696/00 0060 0032

(I was looking for the wrong names before - think it's time I had some lunch!)

If you buy credits on ScotlandsPeople you can view/print the image of the original document. It probably won't show parents' names, but you might be lucky)

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 25 Aug 2015 10:11

Yes Chris it does ......sort of. Sorry I had forgotten about this thread.
However after doing more research on Scotlandspeople I have found that my relative who started this line went up the wrong tree!!' Now to get this straight I found that our Isabel Craigs parents were actually John Craig and Janet Wilson., not James and Margaret, however it looks like John and James were brothers. Found all this on Scotland's people. A great site for research but it gets a bit expensive when on a budget!!
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :)