Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with Ancestry please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 8 Oct 2015 22:08

I am not a member of the above website, but I typed in Mary a Blanchard born Hagworthingham 1812 in google and it looked like there was a few people that have her in their tree it also says photos or documents does this mean that a member can see them? If so would someone please take a look for me, many thanks

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 8 Oct 2015 22:16

Hello Sidami, sometimes Ancestry search results imply there are photographs/images when in fact there are none - as is the case in this instance.

There would be links to the census on which she's recorded which is where the "documents" may well have come from.

The trees in question have her born as Mary Blanchard with parents Edward Blanchard and Frances Spikin. She allegedly married William Blanchard in 1829. So did a Blanchard REALLY marry a Blanchard (certainly not impossible) or is it another example of half-baked Ancestry trees with everyone copying everyone else?

ADDED: Yes - it was a Blanchard to Blanchard

England, Marriages, 1538–1973
Name: William Blanchard Or Blanshard
Marriage Date: 3 Nov 1829
Marriage Place: Hagworthingham, Lincoln, England
Spouse: Mary Blanchard
FHL Film Number: 1541984
Reference ID: item 7 p 18

Sidami

Sidami Report 8 Oct 2015 22:30

Thank you very much for your time and help on this....

Sidami

Sidami Report 8 Oct 2015 22:31

Did you find the marriage on Ancestry please?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 8 Oct 2015 22:49

Yes, but it's also available on FamilySearch.