Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Elgey`s Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Millyimp1322

Millyimp1322 Report 24 Jan 2016 10:26

Goodmorning All

I am still trying to find my James Elgey`s Parents. I have been unable to find them after looking for such a long time.

This James Elgey is my G,G,G Grandad.

James was married to Eleanor ,he was born in 1762 and Died in 1823 aged 61.

I would be extremely grateful for any information that can take me back to my James .
Best Regards
Lorretta

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Dea

Dea Report 24 Jan 2016 10:51

More info on here:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1308732

Dea x

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Jan 2016 10:56

Lorretta.......if you click on the link Dea posted, it will take you to the other thread you posted and you will see that you received replies.

Dea

Dea Report 24 Jan 2016 10:59

Lorretta - you might also find this site useful:

http://www.mark23.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/YORKSHIRE/ELGEY.htm

Dea x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Jan 2016 11:19

Sometimes we all hit a brick wall. There is no guarantee that our ancestors were baptised, that their parents married, or that the appropriate parish records have survived and been transcribed onto the Internet.
It's even more frustrating if they were of the RC faith as the Catholic church aren't too keen to release the records. Quite a few Methodist/baptist records have been lost.

malyon

malyon Report 24 Jan 2016 11:36

there is this james

James Elgey
England Births and Christenings
Name James Elgey
Gender Male
Christening Date 10 Jun 1762
Christening Place Forcett, York, England
Father's Name James Elgey

malyon

malyon Report 24 Jan 2016 11:38

this marriage

James Elgy
mentioned in the record of James Elgy and Eleanor Dalton
Name James Elgy
Spouse's Name Eleanor Dalton
Event Date 20 Feb 1794
Event Place Aldbrough Near Hull,York,England

malyon

malyon Report 24 Jan 2016 11:46

there is a james married a elenor could be james parents

James Elgey
mentioned in the record of James Elgey and Eleanor Firbank
Name James Elgey
Spouse's Name Eleanor Firbank
Event Date 28 Sep 1755
Event Place Parish Church Of Forcett (Yorkshire), Forcett, York, England

malyon

malyon Report 24 Jan 2016 11:50

there are a few children to the above marriage if your james was born in forcett yorkshire here is one

James Elgey
mentioned in the record of Richard Elgey
Name James Elgey
Gender Male
Wife Eleanor
Son Richard Elgey
Other information in the record of Richard Elgey
from England Births and Christenings
Name Richard Elgey
Gender Male
Christening Date 21 May 1766
Christening Place Forcett, York, England
Father's Name James Elgey
Mother's Name Eleanor

Millyimp1322

Millyimp1322 Report 24 Jan 2016 18:46

Hello Malyon,
Many thanks for your reply.I have some of the people you mention in my tree.The James you mention born in 1762,he died in 1823

I have a tree in front of me and it would seem the James you mention married to Eleanor Firbank is in fact my James`s Father and Mother..

James died 1793...and Eleanor died 1779.,he married a lady called Barbara Carr in 1781.

Sorry ,I printed the wrong James in my posting ..I have him ,and Eleanor. They are my 3rd great Grandparents,So it is their parents I have been looking for ...my 4th Great grandparents.
I will go back and check out the dates you mention IE 1794...1755..and 1766...see if they bring anything further up. So sorry I keyed in the wrong James .I inadvertently hit the wrong keys sorry about the confusion
Best Regards
Lorretta

Dea

Dea Report 24 Jan 2016 18:49

Have you looked on the site I gave you ???

Dea x

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 24 Jan 2016 18:53

I don't know why Malyon continued on this thread.........when Dea already posted the link to Lorretta's previous thread.

Confusing!!

Dea

Dea Report 24 Jan 2016 19:35

Look at this site Lorretta - it will give you a lot of info to work on !!!!!

Dea x

Millyimp1322

Millyimp1322 Report 24 Jan 2016 23:13

Thanks Dea, yes I have just left this site,I already have most of what is in there ,it is the first generation of James . It says in there along side his name James ..unknown .Will just keep going ..who knows there might just be someone in here who does have the parents of the James {unknown}

Lorretta x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Jan 2016 10:33

If you're hoping someone on Genes knows who James' parents were, then you must use the Search All Members Tree for James name.

Contact any member who lists him. Even if you corresponded some time ago, they may have found additional info since then.

Millyimp1322

Millyimp1322 Report 25 Jan 2016 11:47

Goodmorning DetEcTive,

I have just done this ,I am going through all the lists available to me ,and as I say maybe {just} someone will have a bit more information than I have at this time.
Actually ,I found a few people whose postings indicate they have gone further back than mine have ,so I am hopeful.
Lorretta x

Millyimp1322

Millyimp1322 Report 25 Jan 2016 13:46

Hello,
I am wondering just how I get to gain access in the Parish Records. I like many others I have read about ,cannot access Parish Records.
Can someone tell me please where and how I do this. I paid an added £14.95 in order to get this added information yet am unable to do this ,along with a lot of others to.
Sincerely
Millyimp1322

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Jan 2016 14:03

They should come up as results after you've searched by name,event and year range.

The total number of results per data base should be listed on the left hand side. If there are none, then the data bases on GR can't find the name.

Sometimes there are false/positives ie it says there are 2 possible matches. When you click, you're told there is no match. If that is happening, then try asking Support for assistance.

[email protected].