Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 5 Apr 2016 19:27

I am trying to help someone find her long lost school friend. time is running out as she is very ill. I know its not an ancestor -but it would make her so happy
Please can anyone help? I would look at my local library as they have Ancestry but it is shut now till Thursday.

If you can PM me with any info as this concerns living people -I know she'd be very grateful

I need to find Barbara Lawrence - born betweeen 1943 and 1949 and lived in Devon. lived in Newton st cyres She had a sister called Nancy. Can anyone help please. I have no idea if she married or anything. Hoping to start with their births and then maybe she had a middle name? then maybe a marriage/electoral roll?

But PLEASE PM AS LIVING PEOPLE -thanks for any help x

Dying woman's wish to be reunited with old school friend ...
www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Dying-woman-s...old.../story.html

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Apr 2016 20:00

Just wondering why birth year is so vague, if this is an old schoolfriend?
You can search for births of Barbara & Nancy on Freebmd.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Apr 2016 20:27

possible marriages sent by message

malyon

malyon Report 5 Apr 2016 20:52

there are no nancy and barbara's with the same mother's name there is abirth for barbara 1944 and barbra 1945 in devon are you sure sister is nancy

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 5 Apr 2016 21:12

ok thanks for help everybody - a long shot I know xxx

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 5 Apr 2016 21:13

birth year vague as getting from newspaper article - guessing sh'ed be the same age as the lady in it.