Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A question re GR records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Harry

Harry Report 29 May 2016 18:18

Joseph Richard Warburton, Nantwich Guardian, 28/12/1915
When I tap in, it says I have to buy credits to view.

Is tha normal for a GR ordinary member? Would it make a difference if i was a platinum member?

Happy days

Gee

Gee Report 29 May 2016 18:34

Hi Harry

If you only have a basic subscription then you will have to buy credits to view the details

I can send you the article, with photos if you PM me with your email address

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 May 2016 18:36

An ordinary 'basic' subscription - the fee you pay in order to be able to send messages and post on these boards - does not give you access to any records at all.

If you do want to subscribe to a records service, this site is about the worst choice.

Someone here who does have a sub here or elsewhere that gives old newspaper access will certainly be able to look that up for you though :-)

edit - there you go, Gins is on the job ... glad she posted because I was about to go and check whether I could find that on findmypast!

Dea

Dea Report 29 May 2016 19:43

Just a thought !! - Harry has over 5,000 posts - why has he not 'sussed this out' by now ?????

Dea Xxx

Dea

Dea Report 29 May 2016 20:00

The signature :

'Happy days' is also a very familiar one ! ???

Dea Xxx

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 May 2016 20:03

I think Harry has been chatty over on general but not tried the newspapers before ;-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 May 2016 20:04

Yes - he is one of our more 'long-serving' members Dea ;-)

Just in case Harry hasn't paid to view, article sent by PM. Even if someone else has already done so, better 2 copies than none at all!

Gee

Gee Report 29 May 2016 20:07

Det

I haven't sent it yet but weren't there 2 articles in the paper, one being 'Punch' ?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 May 2016 20:09

A ‘joke’ from the same edition originally published in ‘Punch’

Little girl “Mummy, what do you think Santa Claus will bring me for Christmas?”
Mother (anxious to economise) “Oh. Perhaps he won’t come this year, He may be away at the war, and then what will you do?”
Little Girl “I expect they’ll put a woman on instead.”

:-D :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 May 2016 20:11

Gins - they're exactly the same. ;-)

Harry has received and greatfully acknowledged - no problem Harry as exactly the same are on FMP.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 29 May 2016 20:27

(info. on below, worth a read)

Chris :)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=177

(Help Centre - Frequently Asked Questions)

Harry

Harry Report 30 May 2016 11:12

Thanks to all for the interest. For anything invented after the 1950's I need help and usually find it on here when I occasionally post - as per this occasion.

Best wishes to all Happy days