Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Warwick's in Yorkshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laura

Laura Report 25 Jul 2016 17:24

Hello, just wondered if anyone else is searching for the Warwick family, originated in Yorkshire before migrating to Lancashire in the 1880's.

My search has taken me back to Kippax in Yorkshire, I have Christopher Warwick who I believe was born in approx 1664, I believe he married Maria (Mary) Atkins there in 1689, I believe they had 7 children before Christopher died in 1711 and he is buried in St Cuthbert, Hunslet Moor, according to the Ancestry records. And there I am stuck, I have trawled through Parish Records but cannot find a father nor mother for my Christopher so was hoping someone out there might be on the same trail, or maybe come across the family please? Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

malyon

malyon Report 25 Jul 2016 19:49

they don't seem to name the mother's all births I found only have fathers names

malyon

malyon Report 25 Jul 2016 20:02

did he have a sister

Laura

Laura Report 25 Jul 2016 21:44

Hi, to be honest, without parents names I can't be sure if he had a sister although it's highly unlikely he'd be an only child, but that's an avenue I didn't try. Thank you. :-)