Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 Register

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 6 Sep 2016 22:39

There were 2 births registered for Frank P Boulton in the Sep Quarter of 1917.

Births Sep 1917 (>99%)
Boulton Frank P Porter Southampton 2c 48
Boulton Frank P Hobbs Chipping S. 6a 324

The Frank P Boulton Born in Chipping Sudbury, was Frank Preece Boulton born 12th Aug 1917.

The Frank P Boulton (the one i am interested in) born 1917 Southampton, was I believe, the son of Frank Evelyn and Florence Kate Boulton,

Please would someone be so kind and look him up on the 1939 register.

I am trying to find his date of birth to see if I can find out when and where he died.

Thankyou.

Mike *

Mike * Report 6 Sep 2016 23:04

MARRIAGE

Name:
Frank P Boulton

Date of Registration:
Jul-Aug-Sep 1939

Registration district:
Southampton

Inferred County:
Hampshire

Spouse:
Rose A Stride

David

David Report 6 Sep 2016 23:06

Yes I have that Mike thankyou.

I see father Frank E Boulton shows up on the 1939 register (I don't have access to view it) but not Frank P Boulton.

Oh well, never mind.

greyghost

greyghost Report 6 Sep 2016 23:11

The parents are on their own by 1939

Boulton Household (2 People)
27 North Road , Southampton C.B., Hampshire, England

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER
Frank E Boulton 24 Sep 1879 Male Porter Public Assistan Institution Widowed 41 1
Florence K Boulton 28 Feb 1883 Male Domestic Duties Unpai Widowed 41 2

The only Frank P showing on the 1939 register is Frank Preece Boulton in Sodbury RD - a professional footballer - who died in 1987.

"Your" Frank doesn't show on the register - possibly in the Forces so not listed or if he has died since 1990, then that information hasn't caught up on the register yet. The 100 year rule for privacy precludes him unless death proven as he was born 1917.

There is a possible marriage showing in Q3 Southampton for a Frank P Boulton to a Rose A Stride. Her birth probably Q1 1915 Southampton.

So this has to be a possibility -

Household (1 Person)
Somerset Road , Billericay U.D., Essex, England
Attach to tree View original imagePrint
FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER
Rose A Boulton 07 Feb 1915 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 101 2
Ref: RG101/1480G/008/32 Letter Code:

there is a closed record at the same address - all I can see is the birth year of 1917

David

David Report 6 Sep 2016 23:19

Thanks very much Greyghost

So yes. possibly in the forces.

greyghost

greyghost Report 6 Sep 2016 23:22

Rose A(lice) looks to have died 2002 Southampton in bmd records - there is a probate record showing she died 15.10.2002.

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk

A possible death for him shows in probate -
Boulton Frank Philip died 16.8.2007, probate granted 8.10.2007 at the Winchester Registry

Choccy

Choccy Report 6 Sep 2016 23:24

http://tinyurl.com/zz7wrdo

Frank Philip Boulton died 16th August 2007

He was on the Electoral register in 2002 with Rose Boulton in Southampton.

England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007

Name:Rose Alice Boulton

Birth Date:7 Feb 1914

Date of Registration:Oct 2002

Age at Death:88

Registration district:Southampton
Inferred County:Hampshire

Register Number:B69A
District and Subdistrict:5001B
Entry Number:125

http://tinyurl.com/z4awng4

greyghost

greyghost Report 6 Sep 2016 23:27

I think that Essex one is likely to be him, so if on the register, not in forces at the time, as they weren't listed. The black lines that blank out the closed records are a bit wavy on the line that is likely him, that is why the 1917 is visible , but the rest isn't (also overwritten with the words "this record is officially closed" Can also see the bottom half of the word which describes the occupation, but not enough to make sense. Definitely M for Male though. The entry is on the line above Rose.
EDIT - Could it say Surveyor as the first word?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 6 Sep 2016 23:28

He was still alive in 2002 as he appears in the electoral register. Will sent the address by pm.

Kath. x

David

David Report 6 Sep 2016 23:30

Thanks very much Choccy, Greyghost and Kathleen

I have just found that entry on the electoral Roll.

Brilliant.

David

David Report 6 Sep 2016 23:49

Frank P Boulton married in the Sep Quarter of 1939.

I didn't expect him to be on the 1939 register with wife Rose. But now I know the register was taken on the 29th September.

:-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Sep 2016 01:21

The 1939 Register formed the basis for the NHS when that started in 1947.

It was then continually updated to about 1991 as records were received ..... hence why you see women with a married name from post-1939 appearing first in the Transcription

The Register was not updated after that time.

FMP is slowly updating as people submit proof of death and also as FMP itself can update from other records.

This will be why Frank's name is crossed out ............. his death has still not been proved.

David ............. you will have to wait until FMP gets around to it, or until someone submits proof of his death (ie death certificate)

Dea

Dea Report 7 Sep 2016 07:29

His date of birth on 1939 looks to me like 24th July, 1917. ?

Dea x

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 7 Sep 2016 07:32

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1348119?page=0

(did above relate somewhere?)

Chris :)

Dea

Dea Report 7 Sep 2016 07:45

Frank Philip Boulton mentioned here in his father's (Frank Evelyn Boulton) probate from 1964.

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar?surname=boulton&yearOfDeath=1964&page=2#calendar

Frank Philip was a Surveying assistant so would fit with the 1939 which certainly looks to say Surveyor ........

Dea x

David

David Report 7 Sep 2016 18:30

Thankyou very much for the added information everyone.

Your time is always appreciated.