Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Bridget Burns/James Burns/Kevin/George

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivien

Vivien Report 10 Sep 2016 13:23

This is repeat post as the other one went a bit off track
I still have got nowhere with this. Previous thread.is: http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1356087
Facts my mother was born in Ireland February 3 1927. She was either Mary Bridget Burns or Bridget Mary Burns.
Her father was James Burns born Ireland 1898 died 1972.( played International football for Ireland twic)
My mother had 3 older brothers - Kevin James and George
Her mother died shortly after she was born.
Her father remarried Agnes McGoldrick.
Previous posts throw up some names, but I still can't confirm anything. Still no firm name for my grandmother. I got no response from the church.
I am only interested in my grandparents ancestry and not about the second marriage of my grandfather. It looks like my mother was born in Eire though not N.I as this record kindly given to me is the only one with her name and year of birth. Any help would be most welcome. About to give up. But it is crazy that I can't find my mother and was told she was born in the North

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Sep 2016 13:44

Vivien -

It would be better to add your renewed request to the end of your other thread, so as to keep everything together - for ease of reference for helpers, and hopefully avoid duplication of research.

You could edit the title of the other thread, to add "Still looking 2016" or similar wording, to alert people to look at your new post.

Vivien

Vivien Report 10 Sep 2016 13:54

I did try this and got no response, so I removed the edit.. There were also a lot of false leads in there, and I am grateful for people who tried to help, which were not my family. I have linked the old thread for all the previous info. Hoping a fresh start and maybe someone who is good with Irish ancestry can help out.

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 10 Sep 2016 15:10

Vivian....Am not sure what the false leads were....and who "was not your family."..from your previous thread you were looking for your Burns grandmother (Direct line from James' Burns 1st marriage ..not the 2nd to Mary McGoldrick) to determine where in Ireland your mother Mary Brid.or Brid. Mary was born and who her mother was.
What is the "Record" you have been given with your mother's name and year of Birth......?

Vivien

Vivien Report 10 Sep 2016 15:32

By false I mean that one or two were not the family I am looking for. For example an early record showing James Burns but my grandfather was older by several years than the child on the records, so I have discounted that as his year of birth and death are correct. I am trying to find my mother's ancestry. Her name and date of birth were on both her death certificate and passport.
Not looking for Mary McGoldrick link. Nothing against that side of the family but I know the descendants from my grandfather's second marriage, and of course she was not a blood relation of mine. The link to the birth in Eire is good but I can't trace it further. Just asking for a bit of help and pointing in the right direction. There is quite a lot to wade through on the previous post and I thought this was easier. Btw her death certificate and passport both had her first name as Mary.

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 10 Sep 2016 18:37

Vivian...Did she have an Irish Passport and where was it issued....?

Vivien

Vivien Report 10 Sep 2016 18:41

No she had a UK passport.