Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Used to be able to print off family group sheets

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 17 Oct 2016 14:12

Can anyone tell me where the place is to print off family group sheets on this site, been away for a few years, need more copies.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Oct 2016 18:22

Is this what you mean? (I didn't know such a thing was available until I searched just now!)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/_resources/pdf/familygroup.pdf

Found by clicking Help at top of page, then Family Tree on menu on left, then select Printable Charts from the drop-down menu.

Then it says -
Printable Charts
We have a printable Fan chart, Pedigree chart and Family Group sheet. You'll find these charts here.

So click on Here.
Then on Printable Charts in menu on left.
Then click on whichever chart you want.

Surely there must be an easier way?? Or maybe not - this is GR, after all.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Oct 2016 20:43

that is THE most complicated method of finding something!!!!

Dea

Dea Report 18 Oct 2016 09:25

Not only is it ridiculously complicated but it doesn't even work for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dea x

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Oct 2016 11:55

Many thanks for finding the chart for me. found it very useful when I started out, kept me on track.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Oct 2016 12:07

Thanks for bringing its existence to my attention, Margaret - I may use it myself now!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Oct 2016 16:20

It's surprising what Genes has hidden away - they don't make things easy to find! :-(

As this is a pdf file, it could be downloaded and then used when needed without having to go through all that rigmarole again. :-) :-)

SueBrewer

SueBrewer Report 18 Oct 2016 19:10

Is it possible to print a section off My Tree I'm not IT trained.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 18 Oct 2016 21:51

In theory, yes, but I believe people have had problems and I'm sure you can only print one page ie what you can see on the first screen.

The print symbol is at the right hand end of the title bar.

Pauline

Pauline Report 19 Oct 2016 15:59

Some years ago, I was able to print my tree from GR, and piece it together. Alas now cannot seem to do that, Pity really as would like to print it , or at least be able to give a copy , maybe on disc, to the family.
I tried send to geocom , but don't really understand what I am doing

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Oct 2016 18:38

If you print from Ancestors view, it's possible ( with a lot of hassle) to print sections, if you start with a different person for each page, and then stick bits of it together like a jigsaw.

But not at all easy, especially if you have a big tree.
A serious pain, in fact.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 20 Oct 2016 15:48

If you are trying to do a gedcom, then you presumably have some sort of family tree programme to send it to.

If so, then it is probably a lot easier to print your tree from that. Certainly Family Tree Maker, which I have, is a lot more efficient than Genes.