Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Struggling with finding relations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 19 Oct 2016 13:10

I have a lady who I am related to Geraldine Hopper 1941-2014 who I have married to

James Robson 1959 Kensington and Anthony D Hemming in 1969 in Croydon.

Geraldine passed away in Adelaide Australia. She married for a 3rd time but I have been unable to ascertain to whom.

Also I have seen from trees on Ancestry 7 children who would now be adults were born to these marriages.

Thank you in advance for any information, help you may be able to offer.

Much appreciated.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Oct 2016 13:59

Mark -

Am I correct in thinking you want info re her third marriage, and records proving the existence of the 7 children?

You know that she died in Australia 2014. How do you know that? If you have a record of her death, you will know her surname at that time.

EDIT:
Oh, I see. You're just going by what the tree on Ancestry says?
I don't see the death of any Geraldine without a middle name in the Australian death records on Ancestry.

Have you tried contacting the tree owner? ( lucindasams0 - she seems to be one of the Robson children)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Oct 2016 14:14

Interesting -
On her marriage cert to James Robson, she's named as Geraldine Hopper otherwise Geraldine Hodgson, spinster.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Oct 2016 14:23

I can only see one tree on Ancestry - the one I mentioned above.
You say you've found more than one?

The one I can see doesn't mention any children apart from the tree owner.

FreeBMD doesn't list any Hemming / Hopper births.
Apart from the tree owner's birth in London, there's only one other possible Robson / Hopper birth, in Surrey in 1967.
Other births with those parents' names aren't in the London area.

Perhaps other children were born in Australia.

Valerie

Valerie Report 23 Oct 2016 01:44

The 'National Archives of Australia' (on-line) shows Anthony Douglas Hemming arrived in Perth via Qantas 31/3/1969 - WITH Geraldine ROBSON (nee Hooper) & her 5 ROBSON chn.

The 'West Aus State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service -they will help trace this family via electoral rolls (past & present).

If they went on to Adelaide S Aus - then ask the 'South Aus State Library'- they offer same excellent service.

Valerie
WAus

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 Oct 2016 13:01

From that immigration record, cross-referencing with FreeBMD, it looks as if the children's births are variously registered as Robson / Hodgson (1961); Robson / Hopper (1966); one may perhaps be Robson / Hooper (1958); Robson / "Hodgson or Hopper" (1967); and one I can't find.

Mark

Mark Report 23 Oct 2016 14:15

Thank you