Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parsons and Leitch marriage lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronald

Ronald Report 19 Oct 2016 22:08

Good evening, I wonder if someone would be kind enough to look up the marriage of Edward Parsons and Maureen Henderson Leitch. I believe them to have married in 1965, but I'm unsure of where, but possibly in the far east. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ronald

Ronald Report 19 Oct 2016 22:30

I don't subscribe to FindMyPast but using their free search there is a marriage record for a Maureen H Leitch in Malaysia in 1965. Might this be the record I'm looking for?

greyghost

greyghost Report 19 Oct 2016 22:50

As you have given most of the details anyway, I'll put this up, but be aware these people could still be living

GRO Service Department Marriages (1956 to 1965) Transcription

First name(s) MAUREEN H
Last name LEITCH
Marriage year 1965
Marriage place JOHORE BAHRU
Country MALAYSIA
Spouse's first name -
Spouse's last name -
Page (6)26
Record source GRO Service Department Marriages (1956 to 1965)
Record set British nationals armed forces marriages 1796-2005

By inputting his name you get the same Registration details. It is Edward J.

There is no other information available - it is a transcription of the original typed entries only

Ronald

Ronald Report 19 Oct 2016 23:10

Thank you greyghost. Yes it is Edward and he is still alive. I am researching on his behalf, as he is not able to do it himself. I believe I have also found his wife's death record on Ancestry, to which I subscribe. It is recorded as MS Maureen Henderson Parsons, aged 63, birth year 1939, death 1 Dec 2002 in Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire, Scotland. Unfortunately, there is no image available.nor a reference number. Presumably I would need to contact the Scottish Register Office in order to purchase a copy of the death certificate. Is this correct please?

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 20 Oct 2016 06:17

You can order her death certificate from https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

Gee

Gee Report 20 Oct 2016 06:18

As there are many others living at this address, it appears it may be some kind of 'home'

Maureen Parsons

Address Dundonald House, Old Loans Road, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA2 9DB

Town Kilmarnock
District Kilmarnock
County Ayrshire

Electoral rolls 2002, 2003

Occupancy (years) 2

Added: Dundonald House Nursing Home

greyghost

greyghost Report 20 Oct 2016 10:29

It costs nothing to "belong" to Scotlands People. If you do join, then you'll be able to see the details including the Ref. No and can order online from there. Certificates cost £12 !! The Registration was in Dalry RD, Ayrshire

Ronald

Ronald Report 21 Oct 2016 16:54

Sorry I've not been back on this thread for a couple of days, but thank you to everyone who has provided information. I'm very grateful. I will ask Edward if he wishes to purchase the death certificate. Best wishes to all.