Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

USA Ancestry help..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colette

Colette Report 16 Nov 2016 15:05

Hi would someone look at Arnold Jorgensen on the California Passenger lists and tell me if any are born 1907..here is the link.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=sfpl&gss=sfs28_ms_db&new=1&rank=1&msT=1&gsfn=arnold&gsfn_x=0&gsln=jorgensen&gsln_x=0&MSAV=1&uidh=ph4

Thank you Colette

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 16 Nov 2016 15:09

Record Image VIEW
Add Alternative Information
Report issue
Name: Arnold Jorgensen
Birth Date: 1907
Arrival Date: 1 Sep 1946
Port of Arrival: San Francisco, California
Ship Name: Kenyon Victory
Port of Departure: Nagoya, Japan

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 Nov 2016 15:15

I thought this sounded familiar:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1362616

Colette

Colette Report 16 Nov 2016 15:34

Hi yes I was hoping to find the shipping record for May 1949 when he was taken of the ship he was on, he had Cancer you see and died in the Naval Hospital in San Diego his death certificate says he was only there one day..

Thank you Colette

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 Nov 2016 21:52

I guess this is his death record but I can't see a record of his disembarkation of his ship.

California Death Records

9,366,786 records from 1940 thru 1997

Results 1-1 of 1
Last Name First Name Middle Birth Date Mother Maiden Father Last Sex Birth Place Death Place Residence Death Date SSN Age Post-ems Order
Record
JORGENSEN ARNOLD KRISTIAN 11/05/1907 M REST (OTHER) SAN DIEGO(37) 05/10/1949 113-20-3978 41 yrs Add