Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 Service Records for Fred Cooper

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 17 Nov 2016 21:18

Fred Cooper bc 1895 Bolton (Horwich) Lancashire
no other details other than his home address and his Rank: Lieutenant
Father Robert Allen Cooper Mother Margaret Chisnall
Address when enlisting 14 Melbourne Grove Horwich

Is there any service records for Fred?

Note his Brother Herbert Allen Cooper Served with The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment "Killed in Action"

Many thanks

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Nov 2016 21:31

where have you looked, Ann?

Only about 30% of WW1 records have survived, and many (if not most) of those are damaged and incomplete.

Often all you can find are the Medal cards. One is very lucky if more is availabel.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Nov 2016 21:38

Officer records were not kept with the "men", and are not damaged.

I wonder if a Lieutenant's records are with those?

There is a board for Military Chat ...... check in the box to the left.The members on there are more experienced than I in military things. Maybe they could help you?

Ann

Ann Report 17 Nov 2016 21:41

Found his name on "Bolton Remembered WW1" not much information on there
Have looked on Familysearch can't see anything, I don't have subscriptions to either Find My Past or Ancestory,
I know he wasn't Killed in Action as he went to the USA

Not much else on him

Ann

Ann Report 17 Nov 2016 21:44

Thank you SylviaInCanada will give the other board a go but will have to wait till tomorrow just off to bed up early for work tomorrow