Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sophia whitear1984/1966

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frank

Frank Report 27 Dec 2016 15:34

I am still trying to find any relative of the above who may have a photo of this lady she was my nan and lived in Edmonton London and if any one of the family know the whereabouts of her husband Frank Dowdalls resting place in Enfield Crematorium I am drawing blanks on my investigations.

Frank Dowdall
Grandson

safc

safc Report 27 Dec 2016 15:44

for info and ages

Frank W G Dowdall on the 1939 Register

1939 Register Transcription

Dowdall Household (3 People) 180 Hazelbury Road , Edmonton M.B., Middlesex, England
Attach to tree
View original image
Print
First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Frank W G Dowdall 12 Jan 1893 Male Stone & Marble Banker Mason Fixer Heavy Worker Married 67 1
Sophia R Dowdall 04 Aug 1893 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 67 2
Frank W J Dowdall 13 Nov 1919 Male Newspaper Clerk Single 67 3

greyghost

greyghost Report 27 Dec 2016 16:55

Enfield Crematorium
Great Cambridge Road
Enfield
London Borough of Enfield
Greater London England
Phone: 0208 363 8324

Enfield Crematorium - looks to be mainly a Crematorium with a few burial plots. Maybe Frank was cremated in which case there won't be a resting place as such.

Enfield Crematorium opened in 1938 and is one of London’s largest. The crematorium has two chapels (north and south) which can both hold approximately 150 people. There is approximately 50 acres of space, most of which is dedicated to the Gardens of Remembrance. There is a small lawn cemetery where burials can take place. Headstones are permissible but curbstones (edging) are not. Grave plots can be purchased for a maximum of three people.

--------------------------
He died April/May/June 1971 - can you phone the Crematorium and ask them to check their records for that period?

England & Wales deaths 1837-2007 Transcription

First name(s) FRANK WILLIAM J
Last name DOWDALL
Gender Male
Birth day 19
Birth month 1
Birth year 1893
Age -
Death quarter 2
Death year 1971
District ENFIELD
County Middlesex
Volume 5B
Page 388

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Dec 2016 09:54

Have you tried deceased online .it may give details of where the ashes were scattered

patchem

patchem Report 28 Dec 2016 10:05

Have you contacted anyone on here who has any of the family in their trees?

Which relatives have you tracked down, to give us some idea of family size?

Added - Is Frank their only child?

greyghost

greyghost Report 28 Dec 2016 11:53

PM from Frank asking how to read my reply - have answered with info on how to get back to the thread and post a reply.

In the meantimes there is nothing on deceased online.

Frank

Frank Report 30 Dec 2016 16:35

thanks