Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ARP Warden records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronald

Ronald Report 9 Jan 2017 14:08

William Charles Baker is shown in the 1939 Register as an ARP Warden who lived in Rowde, near Devizes in Wiltshire. I haven't seen the entry as I'm helping a friend with his research. He has many details already for William Charles Baker, but none about his involvement with the ARP. Are there any records that give details of when he was taken in as a warden and when he was discharged.
Many thanks in advance. Ron

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Jan 2017 14:47

Maybe here ?

http://tinyurl.com/jphqzeg

Ronald

Ronald Report 9 Jan 2017 15:46

Thanks so much ArgyllGran I'll pass that on to my friend. He's due to retire soon back to Wiltshire so he can visit the record office, if he has no luck online.
Many thanks and a Happy New Year.
Ron